We are Noisebridge. Noisebridge is a hackerspace for technical-creative projects, doocratically run by everyone. We are a non-profit educational institution intended for public benefit. We have a 5,200 square-foot space located in the heart of San Francisco. We teach, we learn, we share. Read more about Noisebridge or watch a short video.
We are committed to providing a safe space to work, learn, and play. Please read and understand our anti-harassment policy and community standards. This is how we expect people to behave when they are at Noisebridge, and you should also expect this standard of behavior from others in the space.
A weekend packed with music, art, speakers, activities, parties, and more!
September 9 & 10, 2017
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
Our 5,200 square-foot space (483m2) contains an electronics lab, machine/wood shop, sewing/crafting supplies, two classrooms, conference area, and library. Everyone is welcome to use our many resources. Find others to create with. Find help with your projects. Help others with their projects. Learn, teach, share. Come to Noisebridge and create!
Noisebridge is as open as possible from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM to the public. New visitors are welcome any time (all ages, all skill levels), as long as someone is in the space and able to answer the door. During scheduled events we are more likely to have volunteers available to show you around and make introductions.
Not all events make it onto this calendar. And some of the listings here may be out of date.
Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC, our Noisebridge Meetup page <https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge>, or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some events just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Upcoming Events edit
SF Transhumanists - Discussion: Predicting The Next Few Decades Of Technocultural Evolution,
Let's meet up to discuss the trends and regularities in technological and social evolution to imagine and foresee the types of changes we will experience in our lifetimes.
How will the internet continue to develop? What is the future of online social networks? What is the future of geopolitics? What is the future of the global economy? What will happen to traditional culture and values? If they will be replaced, what will replace them?There are innumerable areas to explore. Surely we can put our heads together to make novel and precise predictions about technological and social change.
Check us out at https://www.meetup.com/preview/SF-Transhumanists/events/243349634 Sunday, September 17, 16:00:
SF Transhumanists - Discussion: Techno-cultural forecasting for the next 30 years,
There are a variety of trends, facts, and regularities that can be combined to make surprisingly novel and accurate predictions about technological and cultural progress. Ray Kurzweil based his predictions on the steady, exponential trend lines in information technologies, but there are other steady trend lines as well. It would be a fruitful project to gather everything we know about cultural evolution to build reliable visions of our own futures, for both risks and opportunities - to align one's life with the trajectory of history.
Check us out at https://www.meetup.com/preview/SF-Transhumanists/events/243455432 Saturday, September 23, 17:00:
Building Permit Application#inspectiongate,
In response to a notice posted at noisebridge on 9-14-2017 referencing a violation of coding standards SFBC 103A, the corrective action of "FILE BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION WITHIN '30' DAYS (WITH PLANS)" shall be adheared to when completed no later than this event is scheduled for. Friday, October 13, 14:00:
GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES,
The 14-Oct-2017 GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has experimental acts, electronic sounds, & noise, with gourmet vegan pancakes!
Bands: Forest Management (OH), Tourian (Mex), Felisha Lelidisma (OR), Mama Buries, McCoven/Josephson/Heule, Sea Moss (OR) Saturday, October 14, 12:00:
Noisebridge Lit Crawl event,
Noisebridge will again be participating in the San Francisco Lit Crawl. More details to be posted later. Saturday, October 14, 17:00:
Recurring Events edit
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Circuit Hacking Mondays Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. Mitch, J, Rolf, Miloh, Cedric, Cheng, Greg, and/or a host of others will bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E Take Out the Trash Night -- Round One Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Church Classroom.
- E 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Game Dev Tuesdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share C# Unity coding, 2D/3D art, design, writing and audio. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (Noise Square Table).
- E 8:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
- E 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Build a Solar Lab Kit with SpyCamp - Starting June 14th to August 16th, at 2:00pm sharp Natalie (errcat) will be leading a solar charger kit lab for kids! Friends and family are invited to come with their kids and build a solar charger along side kids from SpyCamp. Kits are sold at the door for 20 dollars for whoever wishes to participate (5 dollars from each kit are donated to Noisebridge).
- alternating monthly 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm - Cyberspectrum: Software Defined Radio Meetup in the Hackatorium(new): A place to learn and exchange ideas about SDR. Presentations on concepts, mystery signals, hardware/software and cool applications. Event alternates monthly between SF and the South Bay.
- 1st Wednesday of every month, 7:30-9. with Software; Art() Present your personal and expressive art made with software/hardware of your own making and get feedback and critical dialogue from fellow artist/technologists. ON HIATUS TILL OCTOBER! [Last updated August 2, 2017].
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
- E 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm - Career Change: How to kickstart your new career in web development
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes ~1:30am to 2:30am.
- E 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm The Go group meets up on Wednesdays and Thursdays to play.
- E 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic! Small 5MoFs every Thursday-ish, bigger ones on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- biweekly 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm Laser Safety Training every other Thursday evening. RSVP on meetup.com
- 1st 3rd 5th 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Computerology in Church or CollaborationStation, understanding and using computers
- 1st 3rd 5th 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm FUN Tutoring @ Church or CollaborationStation
- 3rd Noisebridge Gaming Archivists Meetup 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm -- Come play, fix, mod retro consoles. Create and play is our motto! If you like video games, this is the place for you.
- E 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm - Privacy hackathon! Developers, designers, activists, journalists, and concerned citizens are all welcome to join us every Saturday at Noisebridge (at the tables in the back) to help contribute to free, open source, privacy-enhancing software that the world desperately needs. Brought to you by the Cypherpunks Write Code meetup group <-- you can RSVP here. Edward Snowden risked everything to teach us how badly new privacy-enhancing software needs to exist. Let's make it happen!
- E 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Sunday Morning iOS Peer Lab Meetup - iOS Meetup for people want to hack together. Feel free to do whatever you want: work on your project, ask and teach each other, have a chat with folks.
- E 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm .impact Workathons in Turing classrom. Work on projects that will help humanity & beyond.
- alternating monthly 1:00 pm Monthly Lock Sport Collaboration: Come learn how to pick locks and learn more about them with the SF Bay Area chapter of TOOOL. The group meets on alternating months at Noisebridge and in San Jose. Check the TOOOL SF announcement list for details.
- E 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm Hack Days - We're getting together every Sunday and working on stuff together! (Bots/Robotics/Cybernetics/AI/ML/Crypto/Infrastructure/Dapps/etc). We're all about learning, sharing, and building together. church
Bring what you're working on, or at least a healthy appetite to learn and share. All-in-all this will be a space to philosophize and dream as much as practice, hack, and publish. :)
- E 3:00 pm Go - Playing of the Go board game. On nice days we often take the boards to Dolores Park and play there.
You don't need to be a member to participate in a class or workshop at Noisebridge!
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
The Noisebridge Manual: A compendium of wiki knowledge detailing how Noisebridge works.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Identity: A collection of resources revolving around our identity and logo.
The Neighborhood: What's in the neighborhood around 2169 Mission
Hosting an Event at Noisebridge: Suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
- Here is our mailing address (different from our physical address):
2261 Market Street #235-A
San Francisco, CA 94114
2169 Mission St, 3rd floor
San Francisco, CA 94110
Noisebridge grew out of Chaos Communications Camp in August, 2007. We have had regular weekly Tuesday meetings since September 2007. We rented our first physical space on September 1st 2008, which we quickly outgrew, and have been at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location since September 1st 2009. Noisebridge was granted tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status in July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.