Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
- 2:00—4:00: Direct instruction
- 4:00—4:15: Break
- 4:15—6:30: Open workshop (optional—free time to hang out and work on your projects with the benefit of some one-on-one guidance)
San Francisco, in the Mission District.
We will cover as many of these items as possible.
Introduction to Processing
- What is Processing?
- What can you do with it?
- Opening the application
- How to learn more (see examples)
- Counting pixels (the coordinates system)
- Basic syntax (how to talk to Processing)
- Drawing a line
- Drawing a box
- Making it bigger
- Changing the color
- setup() and draw()
- Mouse input
- Compounding translations (pushMatrix & popMatrix)
- If statements
- If/else statements
- For loops
- Using loops with translation & rotation
- Loading fonts
- Displaying text
- Measuring width & size
More Advanced Topics
- Classes and objects
- Video input
- PDF output
 What You Need To Do
The workshop is full! Contact Scott to be added to the waiting list.
For those who have already RSVPed:
- Bring a laptop (recommended). Computers will not be provided, but we'll have wireless Internet access and lots of power outlets. Processing works on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, so any kind of computer should work fine.
- Consider downloading the Processing application and installing it in advance.
- Let me know if you won't be able to make it, so someone else can have your slot.
 Expressions of Interest
Add your name to the list here if you're interested in participating, and be sure to review #What You Need To Do above.
- Scott Murray (instructor)
- Brian Ferrell (I'll bring a webcam to demonstrate video input)
- Andy (I'll bring a 720p projector)
- User:BuddhaHacker (Jonas) (not sure where I am)
- Rachel If we don't have a space by the time you're ready to give this, Scott, I will volunteer my house which is reasonably arranged for such a thing.
- DavidMolnar (August is not good, but most of the Fall should be fine)
- User:Daniela Steinsapir I hope to make it
- User:mtbf0 i want some o' that, but i works most saturdays
- LeahCooper - firstname.lastname@example.org