Add an item that you want to this page, with your name (when you are logged in, typing four tildes automatically appends your login name to your entry). If you have something on this page to give away, talk to the person.
keyword = wishlist to find this page more easily.
Update 2011/January/26 - Keeping this page updated more regularly would be excellent.
- FAST INTERNET: We need to upgrade our Internet so it is responsive and powerful enough to handle things like live video without stuttering under group usage. ````
- ShopDoors: The wood shop is debilitatingly loud and drowns out all other conversation or teaching activities.
Stuff we need right now, or "next" -- IE, stuff we're going to have to go out and buy if nobody comes up with it.
- Plastic bins -- Rubbermaid style plastic bins with lids, of various sizes, suitable for projects. Bring in a box for your project!
- Shop Vac -- We could use our own.
- Chop Saw -- AKA mitre saw
- Bench Lathe -- preferably a small one :)
- impact driver (--lex)
 Furniture and Furnishings
- 4 or 5 folding banquet tables
- a 24 foot ladder (preferably extending, for ease of storage)
- labeller (like Brother PT-65P)
- Theremin sink controller Turning on water without touching anything directly.
 Raw Materials
- Pegboard fittings -- stuff to hang tools on a pegboard with
It would be cool to have
- flash drives to learn how to make bootable flash drives--Owen 10:18, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
- music CDs for the stereo--Owen 10:18, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
- a FAX machine--Owen 10:18, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
- a medium to high-end copier--Owen 10:18, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
- cell phone(s) to make outside calls (more privacy than landlines)--Owen 10:18, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
- clamps and vises
- a microscope (I've had good luck recently with the Dino-scope USB microscopes)
- American Science and Surplus has lots of cool microscopes in the sub-$500 range.
- 10x-30x binocular microscope on a boom mount makes small SMD work much easier.
- a USRP -- Schoen 20:26, 1 October 2008 (PDT)
- a high-voltage power supply
- Standalone web cameras (like the infinitely (remote root++) hackable Axis cameras. They're stand alone and can do both photo/video streams.
- PLD programmers suitable for whatever kind of PLDs people plan to work with
- Computer Gear
- computer(s)/laptops for those without laptops (for doing tasks at NS e.g. email, wordprocessing, etc.) Plus printer.--Owen 10:18, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
- loaner laptops for those without laptops, perhaps on a 6-month or 1-year basis. Nearly-new laptops or older laptops with wifi and reasonably good web graphics would be great!--Owen 10:18, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
- 17" and 19" and larger LCD monitors
- VESA wall-mounts and monitor arms for LCD displays
- digital infrared camera - if you have a shitty old DV cam (shittier the better) it should be able to pick up enough IR for our needs so please bring it!
 Electronics Lab Equipment
- Hot Air Rework Stations (Digital or Analog) http://www.amazon.com/Aoyue-968-Digital-Rework-Station/dp/B000HDG0AO/
- Temp adjustable Soldering station (appropriate for Pb Free)
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Logic Analyzer
- Sampling Oscilloscope
- Boxes of Random IC's to sort :)
- Component Cabinets
- Fire extinguishers: several more fire extinguishers would be useful in preparation for having functioning kitchen and lab space. Several kinds of extinguisher would be useful for various parts of the space.
- Bucket of sand. Check it once a week to make sure that the sand hasn't accreted into a solid block.
- Nitrile gloves - 3 boxes - should always be in stock; they can be had cheap from American Science and Surplus.
- 2 Xlarge & 2 medium lab coats. (~$17 at AS&S I think)
- Safety goggles -- 2-4 pair
- Eyewash bottle (always keep full with clean distilled water)
- Sulfur powder for working with mercury
- convex mirror like the ones for backing out of garages
- https cert from a CA that is trusted in most browsers root ca's so no more untrusted cert crap (yes certs suck, we could also not use https by default)
a pony (pwnie would do)
- Complimentary tickets and passes to local and non-local computer/technology/electronic conferences, shows and seminars. A great way to further our chartered educational mandate: we can spread word of NB, maybe set up a booth, bring back current info on trends and ideas to our membership.--Owen 10:28, 29 October 2009 (PDT)
- stationary: binders, spiral notebooks, labels and label maker, markers, tape, duct tape, masking tape, pens, pencils, post-its, rulers, colored pencils, paper, printer paper, erasers.--Owen 11:20, 27 October 2009 (PDT)
- closed-circuit camera at bottom front entrance (for security)--Owen 10:19, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
- round colored-coded stickers to label and categorize books (like libraries)--Owen 10:19, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
- art books and art and technology books--Owen 10:19, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
- aquarium tank and fish--Owen 10:19, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
- pet(s)/mascots. No live penguins, pit bulls, or giraffes--Owen 10:19, 11 October 2009 (PDT)
 Acquired or no longer wanted
(Strikeouts preserved from previous sections. May be wanted again.)
Garage Shelving -- The kind of heavy-duty shelving that you stick in your garage to put boxes of stuff on -- like this, or similar. We're also willing and eager to accept wire bakers-rack style shelving, but it's more expensive :)
20 folding chairs -- something like these Bring any number you have to spare. They do not need to match!
Plug-in USB charger for e.g. Motorola/HTC phone - The official Noisebridge Phone charges by USB, so it would be very good to have a charger! Something like this.
Bench Grinder -- this sort of ting
Compressor -- Not the kind that plays techno.
Sewing Machine -- For sewing all sorts of cool things.
 Furniture and Furnishings
a stereo system or other music solution
2 garbage cans (25 or 30 gallon) for recycling + garbage
7 bar-height stools suitable for shop seating -- stuff to sit on at the work bench, i like these
2 or 3 office chairs -- You know, office chairs.
Work Table -- One 4' by 2' or so (4' wide at most, it's for a specific space) *sturdy* worktable
Trashcans -- 2 large kitchen-style trash cans
Room Dividing Bookcase -- Something like  that is free-standing, wide and tall
A comprehensive first aid kit
5-10 power strips
2'x4'x1/2" plywood for installing equipment in the wiring closet
Garage Shelving -- the metal kind with all the holes in it, with particle board shelves -- various heights needed, consult build team.
Work Table -- One 6' by 2' or so *sturdy* work table (my 300 pound self should be able to stand on it without feeling it wobble)
 Raw Materials
2 8x4 sheets of 3/4" ply -- to make shop shelving out of
2 Sheets of 1" Hardwood Ply -- the good stuff, this is for work surfaces. We actually need about 20' of 2-foot wide work surface.
50' of 1" galvanized steel pipe -- Legs for our workbenches.
2 8x4 sheets of pegboard -- Actually, we need a 2x8 and a 2x10 foot section
36' of 1x1 -- to mount the pegboard
a soldering station
- with high voltage probes, please?
a function generator(there seems to be a Leader LFG-1300S here now Dr jesus 22:32, 3 June 2009 (PDT))
a regulated power supply
a computer to control USB devices
- Network devices
15" LCD monitors for interactive projects(touchscreen a plus)
a large wall-mounted scrolling LED sign, or an LCD or VFD display (for showing bus and train departure times and other announcements)(Zebra does this and we also have a LED sign now. Dr jesus 22:32, 3 June 2009 (PDT))
Large box baking soda for neutralizing acid spills, vinegar for neutralizing base spills.
Paper towels -- 2 large packs