Noisebridge is now located at 2169 Mission.
The original Noisebridge location was 83C Wiese St, in the Mission district of San Francisco. The space was on the ground floor of a commercial fourplex on a narrow alley just off of 16th St very near Mission St.
Contact number for the space
As of 2009-07-09, we have a Cisco IP Phone for use in the space. It allows outgoing calls. For details, see the Telephony page.
There are 3 categories of shelving:
- SHARED - put tools & useful things here that anyone can use
- HACK - put donated items that can be taken apart or used up here
- (NAMED) - put your name on a shelf and keep your projects there. Labels are on top of the microwave.
(Anyone got a better idea on how to arrange this?)
- Downstairs main room - 30'x20' (plus bathroom and kitchen). Tiled throughout.
- Downstairs "fishbowl" room - 10'x12' approx + closet
- Upstairs loft - 30'x15', shoji sliding screens + closets. Carpeted.
We're upgrading electricity Electricity Upgrade
Electrical for the workshop courtesy is done.
Expected next electrical job is to bring power to the loft for the computers.
Nicknames for the space
The street name ( Wiese ) is appropriately a German word for a meadow, pastures or green fields. I (ioerror) propose and will call the space "Noisebridge Meadows" in honor of not wanting to butcher the pronunciation of the word.
I'm calling it "83c". - adi
Well, I'm calling it "83c3", in reference to CCC e.g. 25c3 this december, we'll be living in the future! - grey (A very forward thinking name ioerror 02:33, 2 October 2008 (PDT))
Couple of people recently calling it: (hands claw-shape towards ears, flick palms open five-shape twice) (hands clasped in arc with fingers laced together).
Alternative nicknames will come in good time.
Have something you want to donate to the space? List it on the ThingsWeHaveToGiveAway page.
Looking for an opportunity to contribute? Look at ThingsWeWant for a list of things the space needs.
The space is located near the BART station at 16th and Mission on the northwest corner. For more transportation options, see Getting Here.