Noisebridge currently has a space at 83C Wiese St in the Mission district of San Francisco. The space is on the ground floor of a commercial fourplex on a narrow alley just off of 16th St very near Mission St.
Contact number for the space
Feel free to call the space and see if anyone is around: +1-415-425-3264
(in a week or two, will change to a diff. VoIP number)
There are 3 categories of shelving:
- SHARED - put tools & useful things here that anyone can use
- HACK - put donated items that can be taken apart or used up here
- (NAMED) - put your name on a shelf and keep your projects there. Labels are on top of the microwave.
(Anyone got a better idea on how to arrange this?)
- Downstairs main room - 30'x20' (plus bathroom and kitchen). Tiled throughout.
- Downstairs "fishbowl" room - 10'x12' approx + closet
- Upstairs loft - 30'x15', shoji sliding screens + closets. Carpeted.
We are doing an Electricity Upgrade for the shop courtesy of Jim.
Nicknames for the space
The street name ( Wiese ) is appropriately a German word for a meadow, pastures or green fields. I (ioerror) propose and will call the space "Noisebridge Meadows" in honor of not wanting to butcher the pronunciation of the word.
I'm calling it "83c". - adi
Well, I'm calling it "83c3", in reference to CCC e.g. 25c3 this december, we'll be living in the future! - grey (A very forward thinking name ioerror 02:33, 2 October 2008 (PDT))
Alternative nicknames will come in good time.
Have something you want to donate to the space? List it on the ThingsWeHaveToGiveAway page.
Looking for an opportunity to contribute? Look at ThingsWeWant for a list of things the space needs.
The space is located near the BART station at 16th and Mission on the northwest corner. For more transportation options, see Getting Here.