- This description is obsolete because of Noisebridge's move to 2169 Mission. Want to help by editing this page to describe the new space?
Noisebridge currently has a space at 2169 Mission St Noisebridge is located between 18th and 17th Streets, a little over a block south of the 16th Street/Mission BART station. Since our front door may be locked, you might need to use the intercom (or, once it's working, call the payphone) to ask someone to buzz you in. Noisebridge is located on the 3rd floor. An elevator with manually-operated doors is available.
Contact number for the space
We are currently in the process of establishing telephony access to the new space. For details on the old space, see the Telephony page.
There are 3 categories of shelving:
- SHARED - put tools & useful things here that anyone can use
- HACK - put donated items that can be taken apart or used up here
- (NAMED) - put your name on a shelf and keep your projects there. Labels are on top of the microwave.
(Anyone got a better idea on how to arrange this?)
- Downstairs main room - 30'x20' (plus bathroom and kitchen). Tiled throughout.
- Downstairs "fishbowl" room - 10'x12' approx + closet
- Upstairs loft - 30'x15', shoji sliding screens + closets. Carpeted.
We're upgrading electricity Electricity Upgrade
Electrical for the workshop courtesy is done.
Expected next electrical job is to bring power to the loft for the computers.
Nicknames for the space
The street name ( Wiese ) is appropriately a German word for a meadow, pastures or green fields. I (ioerror) propose and will call the space "Noisebridge Meadows" in honor of not wanting to butcher the pronunciation of the word.
I'm calling it "83c". - adi
Well, I'm calling it "83c3", in reference to CCC e.g. 25c3 this december, we'll be living in the future! - grey (A very forward thinking name ioerror 02:33, 2 October 2008 (PDT))
Couple of people recently calling it: (hands claw-shape towards ears, flick palms open five-shape twice) (hands clasped in arc with fingers laced together).
Alternative nicknames will come in good time.
Have something you want to donate to the space? List it on the ThingsWeHaveToGiveAway page.
Looking for an opportunity to contribute? Look at ThingsWeWant for a list of things the space needs.
The space is located near the BART station at 16th and Mission on the northwest corner. For more transportation options, see Getting Here.