What: American Sign Language chat group / class
When: Wednesdays 8-10pm click to reschedule
- different mode = fun
- talk clearly in noisy situations
- talk across a room without interrupting anyone
- talk through glass
- talk to temporarily mute people
- maybe even talk to deaf people
If you're interested in learning (or teaching) how to sign, or just chatting in ASL, come on by.
- 9/2: Learn manual alphabet, handshape names, self-introductions and other basic words, and basic grammar overview. FIRST MEETING BONUS: Everyone who participates will get a yummy cookie!
Materials needed for the group (got any to donate?):
- Signing Naturally vs. ASL "Green Books" - 1 copy per person? which series?
- 1 copy each of:
- Maybe also:
- Thursdays 6-10pm, ASL Café 901 Wawona Street, SF
- 1st Fridays 6-8pm, Cafe Flore, Castro - Market & Noe, SF
- 2nd Fridays 7-10pm, Royal Ground Coffee, Downtown Berkeley