Associate members have all the rights and privileges of membership, except that associate members are not entitled to full participation in the consensus process regularly held at weekly meetings. Noisebridge is open to members, associate members, their guests, and of course, new visitors. To enter Noisebridge without having to be vouched for every time, it is advised that you become an associate member.
Becoming an Associate Member of Noisebridge
The process for becoming an associate member similar to the process for becoming a member, except:
- four sponsors are required instead of two
- the consensus of regular Noisebridge members is not required for a person to become an associate member
- the consensus of Noisebridge's regular members may reject an application for a person to become an associate member
- an associate member is not required to pay membership dues.
How to apply
- Create an account on this wiki.
- Edit your User page (by clicking on your logged-in account name and hitting "edit".
- Create an area where four members can leave their names as endorsements:
=== Associate Membership === Please endorse me! # # # #
- Announce your application on Noisebridge-discuss, on IRC, or at a weekly meeting.
- Once four members have endorsed you, you are free to enter the space without having to continually be vouched for.
- Please also add the category "Associate Member" to your user page, so that your status can be noted by the rest of the community