|(28 intermediate revisions by 18 users not shown)|
= |+|
| || |
|−|Does Noisebridge accept [ http:// bitcoin. org Bitcoin] donations? Someone created this page to indicate so. |+|
| || |
|−|However, that wiki user had not made any prior edits, and there is no mention of bitcoin elsewhere on the wiki or mailing list. |+|
| || |
|−|Absent any word on the subject from the treasurer or board members, it is probably best to assume that Noisebridge does '''not ''' ( yet) accept donations via bitcoin and this page was an instance of somebody attempting to set us up the bomb. |+|
of to .
There are two wallet addresses, one for Noisebridge and Noisetor. Both are linked to the Noisebridge Wells Fargo checking account via Coinbase.
According to an unsigned edit to this page by 220.127.116.11, "Bitcoins are an enormously stupid Ponzi scheme that no self respecting hacker should touch with a 10 foot grounded pole."
- It's not a Ponzi scheme if you can get your money converted back immediately (via: coinbase.com, bitpay.com or one of the many other payment processors or exchanges).
- Fringe ideas are always ridiculed.
- Bitcoins have been around for 5 years now and have had hundreds of millions invested in related startups / infrastructure.
- The FSF, EFF and many other important institutions accept bitcoin.
- WikiLeaks received support via bitcoin during the Visa financial blockade.
- The USD value of 1 Bitcoin has risen to
$14.33 $106.00 $236.00 $1132.26(November 29, 2013 08:30) $2,443.91 Ⅹ (talk) 23:00, 24 May 2017 (UTC). $46,308.73 Ⅹ (talk) 03:48, 10 February 2021 (UTC)