-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I can take bitcoins for Noisebridge (I'm on the board for whatever that counts as -- at the very least, Noisebridge have a tradition that you can give cash to a board member as a donation)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
According to an unsigned edit to this page by 18.104.22.168, "Bitcoins are an enormously stupid Ponzi scheme that no self respecting hacker should touch with a 10 foot grounded pole."
- It's not a Ponzi scheme if you can get your money converted back immediately (via: coinbase.com, bitpay.com or one of the many other payment processors or exchanges).
- Fringe ideas are always ridiculed.
- Bitcoins have been around for 5 years now and have had hundreds of millions invested in related startups / infrastructure.
- The FSF, EFF and many other important institutions accept bitcoin.
- WikiLeaks received support via bitcoin during the Visa financial blockade.
- The USD value of 1 Bitcoin has risen to
$14.33 $106.00 $236.00$1132.26. (November 29, 2013 08:30)