-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Hey, it's Danny O'Brien here. I used to take bitcoins for donating to Noisebridge, but I don't any more. I am led to believe that these are the new donation addresses for Noisebridge. Noisebridge: 1KxVgNmPdTyePLw27iixbH9yrRhNH7UfdK Noisetor: 1HXadShFoTzYfM148kjZi17NBjMvbyVqff Someone authoritative will be along shortly I am sure to confirm this by adding their own PGP-signed contribution to this page! -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJUfpkjAAoJEOUAGQaj/eReET0P+gOTXo3/sBIdieFUA+0pRde4 d2oD5Y5O5b1w1z+lPFQcdyGcGQ4IVIgAGkIrnIB5td8Vk9gjmIeNi2RWR0NC9h4D dACj2W66848o04E7m3J89sDcWn57WcwPZUpsxw4OcnLbBdY40n8Q3+UNz4ojc0nL zjDiMwV7VKqgqu5Ih7jI2u9NvZZWD1mOCFEayypPwx1rjlV3uXPf5u1UT4JnXpd0 u76t/tTl6f28ttjdpu9zlo4T5nvJkGzh70Yv6HBboMX6OJbYPZJc6L/Sza3NtrAT vHzMcDgI1qiZxtQoyUkRSxLvKCiW2BZtC8oSPwhoDWS/FA/EHGoe5RjHmGssCyJZ uYDarogLqcsjxp7qwJOQG7SshwbpAEph3IrgHHJPTmrXhstABOszupPWsj1UfsD0 RoD65J2vXusxk6fGi9du+R73I0BPg1uX99ZHlh5PuLFLJAkLZ47cvrFCbu1uFbk+ k8rAcOYo2gn/kJJ6+ossmrhquc1/8vSO0Um6qHjGfxSFT9GOXSSizK/8GrhvjNJC u4v6FLGD0bxAsvkQ3zsUjM6YcZNoCKH1T5f3PHVGXNiFypI66bZJCMxOdL00dIfk TJl35euZZ0ZcHQH5RDiU7XLe8ICDpkKO73GWE0pfHzZ7uPoxEphfoEK9BvTW8ZVD Ar8v8qw4HQfdjihXMOjZ =WO7Y -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
According to an unsigned edit to this page by 220.127.116.11, "Bitcoins are an enormously stupid Ponzi scheme that no self respecting hacker should touch with a 10 foot grounded pole."
Various miners and Ponzi schemers, such as the author of the Anti-Controversy arguments below, have become increasingly cunning in their attempts to lure new recruits for Bitcoin. This despite several publicized incidents of illegal activity and malware (henceforth rationalized away or buried) directly arising from Bitcoin usage.
- It's not a Ponzi scheme if you can get your money converted back immediately (via: coinbase.com, bitpay.com or one of the many other payment processors or exchanges).
- Fringe ideas are always ridiculed.
- Bitcoins have been around for 5 years now and have had hundreds of millions invested in related startups / infrastructure.
- The FSF, EFF and many other important institutions accept bitcoin.
- WikiLeaks received support via bitcoin during the Visa financial blockade.
- The USD value of 1 Bitcoin has risen to
$14.33 $106.00 $236.00$1132.26. (November 29, 2013 08:30)