Revision as of 17:08, 3 June 2008 by BuddhaHacker
(this is "freely" translated from http://www.lysator.liu.se/protokoll/mm_20060503.html by firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) <verbatim>
1. Computer society LYSATOR at Linköpings Technical University is a student association independent of the University's official organization and other connected parties.
2. LYSATOR has the purpose of bringing it's members to its goal of deepening their knowledge in computer technology and science and spread knowledge about modern computer technology.
1. Membership in LYSATOR is open to every student and employed at Linköping University. Membership can also be given to others after a decision by the board of directors. Membership can also be held by a person who's previously been a member during their studies.
2. Ordinary members pay membership dues as decided by the yearly meeting.
3. A person can be designated as an Honorable Member who has been particularly serviceable for the society's purpose and development. An ordinary member can no become a Honorable Member.
4. If a member harms the societies purpose or public image can be barred by the board. The member who is "threatened" to be barred must be allowed to defend himself in front of the board before the decision is taken. The barring must be discussed at then next society meeting. The barring can then be dissolved or lead to removal of the member. The member in question have right to speak and right to vote at the meeting. A barred member may not have a position of responsibility in the society.
1. LYSATORs happenings is exercised by: 1. Society meeting. 2. The board. 3. Delegated responsibility group. 4. Project groups. 5. Other activity as decided by the society meeting.
2. The accounting/legal year is defined as first of August till last of July.
4. SOCIETY MEETING
1. The society meeting is the highest/ultimate authority, in which all members have the right to attend.
2. Each member has one vote. Voting by proxy must be done in writing by the proxy to the meeting secretary. Each person can only be proxy for at most one other member.
3. The society meeting shall, during the accounting year hold at least two members meeting, one in the autumn in September or October and one yearly meeting in April or May. The society meeting meets on being called by the board. The right to announce a society meeting is held by: 1. Inspector. 2. Board member. 3. Accountant inspector. 4. Ten (10) members.
4. The board's president or other board member calls the society meeting. The meeting must be held within 3 weeks after it has come to knowledge of the president. The society meeting shall be announced 2 weeks in advance, with time and location given. The call for meeting shall be made in writing to the members.
5. The agenda, the propositions and motions and to the autumn meeting; story of happenings, economical story, and inspected revisioned board documents. The revision story shall be made public within five days before the start of the meeting. A motion to the meeting shall be at the disposal of the board at least seven days before the start of the meeting.
6. The society meeting is authorized if half or ten (whatever is the least) of the members are present.
7. It is the responsibility of the autumn meeting to: 1. Treat the revision story, ok the revision story and economical story, decide the question regarding responsibility freedom for the departing board. 2. Assign responsibility and project groups.
8. It is the responsibility of the yearly meeting to: 1. Elect the board, revision inspectors, board nominators and inspector. 2. Decide budget and membership dues.
5. THE BOARD
1. The board consist of: 1. President. 2. Secretary. 3. Accountant/Treasurer. 4. At least two misc board members.
2. The board is elected by the society meeting.
3. The board is authorized when at least half of the board is present.
4. The board is responsible for the society meeting for LYSATORs running and economy.
5. The boards decision shall be protocolled and archived. LYSATORs members have the right on request to access the board of directors' protocols. The board has the right to refuse a members access to the last board of directors period.
6. The board is instated at the activity year's start.
6. RESPONSIBILITY GROUP
1. For each computer equipment and for other equipment owned by LYSATOR or for continuous running activities required, shall have a responsibility group be assigned.
2. Each responsibility group shall have a single ultimately responsible leader who reports to the board and the society meeting. In others, the responsibility group may be organized as deemed needed.
7. PROJECT GROUP
1. For each project in LYSATORs control there shall be a project group assigned.
2. Each project group shall have a project leader. In others, the project group may be organized as deemed needed.
1. The society meeting shall assign inspector, who shall see too that LYSATORs activity is happening as per all parters, in an honorable and stimulating way.
2. The inspector owns the right to announce board meeting and attend with voting right.
9. SIGNING AS FIRM
1. LYSATORs firm is signed by the accountant and the president independently.
1. For revsion at the yearly meeting there will be two revisionist elected, who must be, 18 years old (self legal responsible). These members may not have any "position" in the society (i.e. may not be on the board).
2. All involved economic action gets inspected at a responsible's functionaries departure, projects acquittal or dismantlement or at a each change of action with economical impact.
3. Revisionaries has the right to access all protocols of the board and other documents.
4. The revisionaries have the right to attend all meetings within LYSATOR.
5. The revisionaries shall after performed inspection overwhich they draft a story in which they recommend on weather responsibility freedom is recommended. The revision story should, before it is presented at the autumn meeting, have been accessible to the members at least for five (5) days.
11. INTERPRETATION OF BYLAWS
1. Regarding the interpretation of the bylaws, the board's opionon holds until a society meeting had decided.
12. CHANGES OF BYLAWS
1. Decision of changes of these bylaws shall take place at two on each other following society meetings with 2/3 majority. Between these meetings there shall be at least a time window of 4 weeks. At least one of the meetings must be held during the semester of the Technical University.
13. DISSOLVING THE SOCIETY
1. The dissolving of the society takes place in accordance with the rules of changes of bylaws. Such a decision shall have instructions on how the assets should be disponed.
2. The society can not be dissolved if at least ten (10) members wants it to continue to live.