Official, Semi-Official, one-off and other events at the Noisebridge space.
Not all events make it onto this calendarMany events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff..like in person. Some events just happen. Pay attention!
If you'd like to host an event yourself, we recommend involving at least one Noisebridge member, and have advice on hosting an event at Noisebridge.
View the Google Calendar.
To post Google Calendar entries for your event, ask on the noisebridge-discuss mailing list.
Upcoming Events edit
- Tuesday, March 12, 18:00 Meet PyPy hackers Armin Rigo and Maciej Fijalkowski. (Their blog post about it here.) Open discussion, location within Noisebridge TBD (check the whiteboard).
- Wednesday, March 13, 20:00-22:00 Noise~ Wednesday Messing around with Max/MSP, a visual programming language perfect for music and video performance. Also perfect for anything else. Upcoming class: Mystery.
- Friday, March 15, 20:00 - 22:00: Book Launch Party w/ Reverend Mik Come celebrate the launch of Reverend Mik's latest book, the first book in the series Sorcerer's Sanctuary, in the Lit-Hacking area.
- Monday, March 18, 18:00-19:30 Technoactivism Mondays - A meetup for techno-activists and hacktivists in the Bay area who work on or with circumvention tools, and are interested in anti-censorship and anti-surveillance tech.
- Saturday March 16, 10:00-18:00 Anarchist Bookfair skillshares and workshops, contact Greggwith questions greggahortonatgmail.com.
- Tuesday March 26, 19:00-20:00 Main hackitorium -- talk on "hacking Kosovo" with Gent Thaçi -- what happened after the war, tech in Kosovo, and the new boom
- Saturday, March 30: Benefit / Art Auction for Noisebridge A simple affair with art for sale donated by local artists, or a splendid gala event' Potential fab way to replenish the NB coffers, clear out old stuff & revitalize the space with new members. Add your quirky, fun ideas and concepts on Noisebridge-discuss, or glance through the word vomit on the Wiki page Together we'll make this happen.
- Tuesday April 2, 10:00-13:00: Burton High School visit A local physics teacher is bringing 30-50 students to experience Noisebridge. Sign up on the event page if you would like to teach an interesting skill such as electronics, sewing, circuit bending, etc.
Recurring Events edit
- 18:30 - 20:30 Post-Waste Nexus - Meets in Turing. Join in to create a not-for-profit cooperative (from nothingness!) that utilizes consensus decision making to address the problems of e-waste. We intend to give out computers to our communities with free and open source software, and responsibly recycle the rest.
- 19:00 - 23:00 Circuit Hacking Mondays - Learn to solder! Mitch, Rolf, Miloh, and others will bring kits to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All welcome!
- 19:00 - 22:00 Gamebridge Unityversity Unity3D Game Development mentoring group is back now that Code Hero is in alpha.
- 20:00 - 22:00 Frontend Web Development - Learn HTML/CSS/JS. We'll cover the basics (starting at 19:30) and then go in-depth on different topics every week.
- Take Out the Trash Night
- 15:00 - 16:30 Linux System Administration class meets in the Turing classroom. This is a change of format from the Linux System Administration Study GroupAn instructor presents a topic of Linux system administration. You can follow along if you bring your own Linux computer. Command-line skills are assumed. The focus is primarily on server systems, less on workstation problems. For 20130312: IP Tables.
- 16:30 Intro to Databases Database programming and design using MySQL and others. Every Tuesday in Turing classroom.
- 18:30-20:00 *ix Linux.BSD.UNIX Open Learning and Hacking Learning by doing in Linux/OpenBSD/FreeBSD/Unix/Others in Turing.
- 19:00-21:00 Backend web dev in Ruby on Rails - Seminar and workshop for learning everything about Ruby, Rails, and web application development.
- 19:00-21:00 Light Patterns with LEDs and Arduino - Learn how to make light dance and do your bidding! We will make Arduino sketches to control multicolor LED pixels.
- 18:00 Office Hours Have pressing questions about Noisebridge, or need help dealing with nonsense? Find Tom at the space or the Sycamore for help before the meeting.
- 20:00 Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision making.
- 19:00 SCoW - Sewing, Crafting, Or Whatever! Come make cool stuff with geeks.
- 19:00 Replicator Wednesday! Check noisebridge-discuss for this week's location
- 19:00 - 21:00 PyClass - Intro to Python 7-8; Web Design in Python 8-9.
- 20:00 BACE Timebank (2nd Wednesdays in the Library) - Help organize community mutual aid by trading in equal time credits To find out more and join go to sfbace.org.
- 20:00 - 22:00 ZinesFromOuterSpace - A biweekly (once every 2 weeks or twice a month) meetup for zinesters / printing hackers / DIY publishers, and brainstorming session for the next chapter of ZiP. Next meeting is 1/30/13, followed by another in mid-Feb (TBA).
- Trash Night - Take out the trash for Friday morning!
- 19:00 Tahoe LAUGHS Help build freedom Meetup this week: 2013-01-10!!
- 19:00 Tastebridge / Vegan Hacker Monthly Food Hacking, last Thursday of every month, 7pm http://www.veganhackersf.com
- 19:30 Machine Learning come in and learn about statistical learning techniques.
- 20:00 Frontend Web Development Lab - Understand by doing! A recap of Monday's lecture in workshop form - and a good time for one-on-one help with the material.
- 18:00 - 21:00 Privacy Bay - A monthly meetup for Bay Area folks interested in privacy. Meets in Church on the last Thursday of the month.
- 19:00 - 21:00 Anarchy 101 - a class/seminar on what anarchy is and is not, and how it impacts us as individuals and as discrete groups.
- 12:30 - 19:30 Dungeons and Dragons in Church, not currently looking for new players.
- 13:00 Songbridge: (Bi-monthly) Learn how to make and record music with a computerWe cover midi and vst as well as multi-track recordingBring your laptop.
- 13:00 Lock Sport Collaboration: Come learn how to pick locks with the SF Bay Area chapter of TOOOL
- 14:00 Bay Area Hacker's Association - security meeting (2nd Sundays)
- 14:00 - 22:00 World of Darkness Looking to run a biweekly game at Noisebridge. Talk with Melissa if interested
- 15:00 Go - Playing of the Go board game. On nice days we often take the boards to Dolores Park and play there.
- 18:00 Plan 9 Plan 9 class
These events appear to be dormant or extinct.
Proposed Future Events and Classes
- (TBD): Sound Science A potential monthly lecture/demonstration series on the little known science behind sound reproductionTopics to include: Transducer Physics(speakers and mics), Room Acoustics, Signal Path and Cabling,Loudspeaker design 101, Music Production Tips for Big Sound, and How to make a small system sound HUGEEach session to include hands on projects like making speakers from stuff lying around, Non-Newtonian bass monsters, and ez speaker mods for anyoneIf interested contact the new guy-> MattLong8 at gmail dot com, 805 four five three - six zero nine seven
- (TBD): VideoHacking a weekly video/video art devoted hacker group, including experiments in the 3D vr realm...if interested contact email@example.com
- Wednesdays at 21:00 Brewing Bridge - Malakkar Proposal: Learn how to make your drinks fun AND antibacterial, using yeastThis will be recurring if enough interest or need is presentAssociated items - what to do with brewing leftovers, and brewers sample hour, etc.
- (TBD): Fie: Failure is Eminent - James wants to start a System Recovery class that will meet either bi-monthly or weekly for a couple hours to try various backup and recovery methods on drives and data.
- (TBD): 101 Introduction to Linux - James wants to start a 101 Introduction to Linux class where people can ask whatever questions they want and get them answered in 60 to 90 minutes Church would be the optimal location Looking for teachers.
- (TBD): Probability - Weekly probability study group based on Fundamentals of Applied Probability Theory by Al Drake
- (TBD): Mandarin - Learn or practice Mandarin, all levels. Also currently on hiatus. Get on the mailing list.
- (TBD): Movie Night! - Thom wants to build community through nerdy sci-fi! (+Bill+Ted+Excellence++) (how about a Friday hacker movie night? -Carl)
- (TBD): Introduction to the AVR Microcontroller - Jeff and Mitch are planning an introductory class for people wanting to make cool projects with AVRs.
- (TBD): Basic Chemistry Lab Techniques
- (TBD): Cuddle Puddle for the Economy - Stress-hacking with informal massage exchange.
- (TBD): Milk and Cookies - Come read your favorite selections out loudWith Milk and Cookies (and yeah, probably beer too).
- (TBD): Processing Workshop 2 - Scott is interested in teaching this, and is busy thinking about what, where, when, why, and how.
- (TBD): Hack your Hardware -- We call BS on "no user-serviceable parts inside"
- (TBD): Homebrew Instruction Class - The Wort (pt 1/3)
- (TBD): Trip to Shooting Range - Field trip to a shooting range, to shoot guns Express interest at Trip to Shooting Range
- (TBD): Surface Mount Soldering Workshop - Learn how to solder cicuits with small surface mount parts Mitch Altman and Martin Bogomolni and others will show their tricks Mitch will bring hackable kits that uses surface mounts for you to solder<-YES!(mattlong8 at gmail dot com)
- (TBD) - Locksport and Lockpicking
- (TBD) - Version control tutorial
- (TBD) - Foreign language learning for rocket scientists - I'm near-native (fool people when I try) in (French and) Japanese, and a pro trans/terpreter and will share my shortcuts (skill-order, vocab, speed/articulation, translation≅grammar)No expertise on tonal languages yet..so if you know how to remember tones or how tone-sandhi interacts with speed and/or how nuances of speaker attitude are expressed in them (what we do with rythm/inflection/sentence-intonation and stress in Eng., and with particles and ??? in e.gCantonese) please chime in or call me (415-608-0564) so I can convey your wisdom[also looking for a from-scratch Arabic partner]
- (TBD): Getting started with Arduino
- (TBD): Distributed Databases
- (TBD): Node.js Beginners Session - Interested in learning about Node.js? I amMaybe these guys want to teach it: http://www.meetup.com/Joyent-Cloud-User-Group/events/81311542/
- (TBD): Scrum Club - I though I'd test the waters and see if anyone was interested in a noisebridge scrum club details are here http://scrumclub.org/scrum-clubs/ if inturested hit me up twitter: @theabcasian, facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theabcasian
- (TBD): CNC Mill Workshop - Who wants to make stuff on the MaxNCMill?
- (TBD): Math & Science Help - If you would like some math, science or engineering help, I'm down to lend a hand.
- (TBD): Cyborg Group / Sensebridge - Work on projects like artificial senses Someone needs to lead this!
- (TBD): OpenEEG - Brain techHas historically met on Sundays, at the behest of interested parties.
- (TBD): Programming for Poets - Gentle intro to programming using Processing
- (TBD): World Builders & Simgineers - Work together to create a beautiful & open virtual world & platform.
- (TBD): PlunderBridge - Metal detecting, detector technology & treasure hunting expeditions.
- (TBD): Ruby Mining - Ruby on Rails basics, interactive working group
- (TBD): MoinMoin Wiki - MoinMoin Wiki (details see there)
- (TBD): Noisebridge Fundraiser 2013
- December 20, Thursday, 20:00 - 22:00 - 5 Minutes of Fame - Following up on its triumphant return in November, 5MoF is back with another showcase of lightning talks & other good stuff, with your host Sir Danny O'Brien! Details TBA
- Tuesday Feb14th, 18:00 to 20:00 ZiP MegaZine releases its inaugural issue with My Noisy Valentine Zine Release Microparty in the Noisebridge cafeFor more info follow this link.
- Wednesday, Jan30, 20:00-22:00 ZiP meeting for zine-makers & others with an interest in printing & self-publishingThe meeting 1/30/13 is our first since mid-2012We plan to hold them regularly from now on at this time (Wednesday 8pm)This meeting will be informal & will probably take place in the printing/lasercutter area of the hackerspace.
- September 11th 14:00 to 17:00 - The San Francisco Chapter of the Open Organisation Of Lockpickers and Bay Area Hacker's Association present a joint meeting on locksport
- August 4, 7PM, Thursday - Bob Zeidman will be giving a talk on video games and intellectual property, hosted by TheMADEHe will also speak about IP infringement cases.
- August 9, 6:30PM, Tuesday - Make:SF - Chris Jefferies will speak about the wireless sensor kit he is developing and we are bringing back our all star soldering kits.
- April 13th, 19:00 - Kombucha fermentation class with BioBridge
- April 7th, 20:00 - Noisebridge: In-Depth Our monthly lecture and round tableThis month's speaker will be Aragorn! his lecture will be "Anarchism & technology: An unbridgeable chasm"
- April 4th, 20:00 - Camp KDE PartyCome and meet part of the KDE North America community and get a quick overview of this year's Camp KDE conferenceThere will be beer
- April 3rd, 16:00 - NoiseCaching: Meet-up to build some geocaches, and talk about making geocoinsThen we'll head out to find some local caches and place caches we madeMore info about Geocaching here
- March 20th, 19:00 Hack Politics meetup -- the first meetup to figure out how we in the hacker community can effectively mobilize and create meaningful change in these interesting times
- March 12th, 12:00-18:00 - Noisebridge Hackathon! Second Saturday Hackathon is a casual monthly event dedicated to working on the space or relevant projects and building community This is a great time to get feedback or help on any projects you have been considering that center around the space, culture, and infrastructure of Noisebridge You can also help with existing projects and find out ways to get involved.
- March 10, Thursday, 19:00 - Group Grammar Clinic - Church Classroom - Donations gladly accepted - A clinic for grammar and writing evaluationPlease bring your web/social or technical writing for us to evaluateBring your laptop as well Collaboration groupware possibly provided(Please suggest groupware software to use if you wish)Constructive feedback from other group members is encouraged so that this clinic is a group process- Facilitator: Owen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- March 9th, 20:00 - Ferment and filter a mash! fermentation logs
- Sunday, August 22, 19:00 CLUB-MATE DROPOFF AND TASTING PARTY Nick Farr will be in town to drop off Club-Mate ordered by San Franciscans!
- June 5th, 12:00-19:00 - NoiseBridgeRehab - Help make the space more usable and accessible! Noisebridge needs your help!
- June 5th, 16:00-20:00 - Science For Juggalos - Science Fair in front of the Warfield Theater teaching magnetism to Juggalos
- June 6th, 15:00 - AVC Meetup - Entrepreneurial bonding & matchmaking
- June 9th, 21:00 - Your liver supports Noisebridge - Come to Elixir @ 16th & Guerrero anytime after 21:00 and drink, drink, drink! 50% of tips go to Noisebridge
- February 27th, 20:00 - Hacker EPROM - Noisebridge's first prom! Nice tie and a (robot) date requiredWe will have a DJ and punch.
- February 24th, 19:00, Wednesday - Joris Peels, of Shapeways, and expert on 3D printing, will give a talk and demonstration at Noisebridge!.
- February 23rd, 18:00 - Cleaning day - Come and help clean Noisebridge, because everyone loves a clean hack space.
- February 12th, 21:00 - visit from Steve JacksonGame designer Steve Jackson, founder of Steve Jackson Games, will visit Noisebridge.
- January 27th, 18:00-20:00 - Circuit Bending Workshop - Beatrix*JAR (contact Gian Pablo for more info)
- January 27th, 20:00-22:00 - Circuit Bending Performance - Beatrix*JAR - "Celebrate a night of new sound that will change your idea of music forever!"
- January 25th, 19:30 - Bag Porn - What's in your bag?
- January 20th, 19:00-21:00 - Bay Categories & Types - Categories, monoids, monads, functors and more! Held in the Alonzo Church classroom.
- January 20th, 19:00 - User Experience Book Club SF - Our book this month is "A Theory of Fun for Game Design" by Raph Koster - http://is.gd/6sEqw (meets in Turing)
- January 21st, 20:00 - Five Minutes of Fame - Monthly set of lightning talks on diverse topics
- January 22nd, 17:00 - Cleaning Party - Come help clean up Noisebridge! Awsum fun!
- ...January 14th,16th, and 17th 1:00- ??? Build Out day for kitchen/bathroom/laundry bring yourself and a good attitude, learn a few things as well
- January 15th, 18:00 - CNC_Mill_Workshop - Learn to use the CNC mill for 2D engraving and circuit board routing
- Thursdays 17:00 American Sign Language - Learn how to talk without using your voice (or just come chat in ASL)click to reschedule
- November 18th, 19:30 - Dorkbot
- November 19th, 18:00 - Mesh meetup
- November 19th, 20:00 - Five Minutes of Fame
- November 20th, 18:00 - Loud Objects Noise Toy workshop.
- November 20th, 20:00 - Performance by Loud Objects, (featuring Tristan Perich and Lesley Flanigan) and Jib Kidder.
- 2009-11-05 - Server Sky presentation: Internet and Computation in Orbit by Keith Lofstrom
- 2009-11-05 - Mesh meetup
- 2009-11-02 - French book club meeting to discuss Une Si Longue Lettre
- October 1st, 18:00 - Mesh wireless meetup
- October 1st, 19:00 - Bay Area Categories and Types
- 2009-10-03 Year 1 Open Hacker House
- Friday: CrazyCryptoNight - Discussion of cryptography for beginners through experts6-???
- Sunday : OpenEEG Hacking Sundays, at 3-5pm.
- Monday: German - Learn German, all levels7pm beginners, 8pm advancedRSVP 24 hours in advance for the benefit of the instructorEvents ran May-November 2009Currently on Thursdays at 8Get on the mailing list.
- Tuesday: Haskell/Haschool - Learn Haskell with Jason Dusek 6PM - 7:30PM, from May until we're all experts.
- Wednesday: Adobe Lightroom - Become a more organized photographerWeekly class (mostly held off site).
- Thursday: Professional VFX Compositing With Adobe After Effects - Taught by Aaron Muszalski7:30PM - 10PM, most Thursdays in May & June & ? (click through dammit)
- 2009-09-17: Five Minutes of Fame 3D Edition
- 2009-09-17: Mesh wireless meetup
- 2009-08-20: Five Minutes of Fame One Dee Edition
- 2009-07-16: Five Minutes of Fame Zero Dee
- 2009-07-02 - 2009-07-05: Toorcamp
- 2009-07-01: Noisedroid meeting to discuss location logging on Android platform (and other stuff too, I'm sure)
- 2009-06-30: Powerbocking class
- 2009-06-30: "Suing Telemarketers for Fun and Profit" (Toorcamp talk preview)
- 2009-06-28: "Meditation for Hackers" (Toorcamp workshop preview)
- 2009-06-18: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-06-15: Eagle Workshop Session two of the Eagle CAD workshop.
- 2009-06-13: RoboGames 2009 Noisebridge had a booth staffed by vounteers, great fun!
- 2009-05-21: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-04-27: EagleCAD workshop -- learn to use this CAD tool for printed circuit board design
- 2009-04-16: Five Minutes of Fame April showers & flowers edition
- 2009-04-11: RFID Hacking weekend workshop (this event moved from the original March date)
- 2009-04-05: First aid and CPR class Learning how to not only not die, but also reduce scarring!
- 2009-04-03: Sudo pop 2PM and onMaking the first batch of a Noisebridge label yerba mate-niated rootbrew, gratis and DIY
- 2009-03-26: OpenEEG Hacking first meet up for this new group: 8 pm
- 2009-03-19: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-03-12: OpenBTS and GSM talk by David Burgess
- 2009-02-14: Open Heart Workshop Valentine's Day blinkyheart soldering party!
- 2009-02-13: time_t Party to celebrate 1,234,567,890 since the Unix epoch.
- 2009-02-09: Spanish learning at 8:30
- 2009-02-05: PGP Key Workshop
- 2009-01-31: Locksport and Lockpicking
- 2008-12-27: 25C3 Chaos Computer Congress in Berlin
- 2008-12-20 & 21: Creme Brulee Workshop on creating a french dessert, with bonus propane torch.
- 2008-12-17 20:00: Machine Learning Birds-of-a-feather
- 2008-11-24: Circuit Hacking Monday circuit design workshop
- 2008-11-21, 7pm:Milk and Cookies -- David Molnar hosts Milk and Cookies at 83CBring a short 5-7minute thing to read to othersBring a potluck cookie/snack/drink if you likeDavid will bring milk and cookies.
- 2008-11-17, 7:30pm: Basic Bicycle Maintain - Rubin and rigel hate it when we see a bike that isn't maintainedScreechy chains and clacking derailleur can go to hellBasic bike tune up, sharing the smarts on simple things you can do at home to make your ride suck a whole lot less.
- 2008-11-16, 5:00pm: RepRap Soldering Party - help assemble RepRap! RSVPs required on wiki! adi
- 2008-11-16, 3:00pm: Oscilloscopes - Learn how to use this versatile tool to test electronic circuits Maximum 6 slots, please sign up ahead of time! dstaff
- 2008-10-31: Halloween Open House - NoiseBridge's own PPPC threw an awesome open house/halloween galaPost pictures if you got 'em!
- 2008-10-25: Soldering Workshop and Pumpkin Hackin' - Learn to solder for total newbies (or learn to solder better!), including surface mountAdditionally, carve your halloween pumpkins and enjoy some experimental pumpkin pie and/or soup.
- 2008-10-07: (tuesday before meeting) - Etch a circuit boardI'll be trying a photo resist etching and a basic printed mask etchingThis is step 1/3 for a project called "annoying USB thingie" which will execute pre-defined keystrokes by sneaking a tiny USB dongle onto a victim^h^h^h^h^h buddy's computer.
- 2008-09-13: Processing Workshop — Learn this very easy-to-use programming language! - Processing Workshop Report
- 2008-02-16: Brain Machine Making Workshop: Our first hardware sprint!
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Events"
The following 128 pages are in this category, out of 128 total.
- Nanaloop Tutorial
- Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball
- Noisebridge Gaming Archivists
- Noisebridge Koruza event
- Noise~ Wednesday