Official, Semi-Official, one-off and other events at the Noisebridge space.
Not all events make it onto this calendar. Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff... like in person. Some events just happen. Pay attention!
If you'd like to host an event yourself, we have advice on hosting an event at Noisebridge.
To post Google Calendar entries for your event, ask on the noisebridge-discuss mailing list.
Upcoming Events edit
- December 3rd 15:00-until late - 1st Replication Calibration SF bay area reprap meetup at Noisebridge, in the Main Hall. Bring and show off replicators of all types and stripes.
- December 17th 18:00-21:00: Corvid College Hoedown! Corvid College SF is an anarchic school that is officially opening its doors with an event at Noisebridge. This event will feature Corvid College SF teachers presenting a description of their courses and hanging out with students. Come down and say hello if you are interested in education liberated from bureaucracy and debt-slavery! We are still looking to bring potential teachers and students on board too. www.corvidcollegesf.com
Recurring Events edit
- Trash Night - Take out the trash and compost for Tuesday morning!
- 18:00 Gamebridge Unityversity Unity3D Game Development user group and beginner mentoring. Beginners welcome to learn to make a game in 1 hour!
- 19:00 Circuit Hacking Mondays - Learn to solder! Mitch will bring kits to make cool, hackable things that you can bring home after you make them. Bring your own projects to hack! There's now an Audio Hacking Adjunct group that meets along with the Circuit Hackers.
- 19:00 Machine Learning - (Church room) Teach computers to learn stuff using artificial intelligence and other techniques. (Currently sporadic, study group meets Wednesday @ 7:30pm)
- 20:00 Frontend Web Development - Learn HTML/CSS/JS. We'll cover the basics (starting at 19:30) and then go in-depth on different topics every week.
- 15:00 Linux System Administration Study Group wiki page - Study Linux admining in the Turing classroom; from 15:00 to 16:30 we're focusing on bash skills that are helpful to people doing homework for a C++ class.
- 18:00 Tastebridge Last Tuesday of every month: Vegan Hacker: Vegan Cooking Class. More info http://www.veganhackerSF.com.
- 18:00 to 19:30 or so, Intro to assembly language on Linux and introduction to C rogramming, Turing Classroom ; we're working on a C program that lets a user work with a todolist file: see it, delete an entry, add an entry, modify an entry; we're interleaving this work with learning the essentials of the X86 CPU registers and instructions and how to make int 0x80 linux kernel system calls.
- 19:00 Social Engineers 7pm-8pm. Noisebridge's weekly attempt to hack its own social conundrums using data, science, and heavy machinery.
- 19:00 Vegan Hacker Monthly Food Hacking, last Tuesday of every month, 7pm. http://www.veganhackersf.com
- 19:30 Spacebridge - Noisebridge's space program
- 20:00 Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision making.
- 21:00 *nix on Thinkpad Anonymous - Come, grab a drink, complain about how it just doesn't work
- 17:00 Introduction to C Programming and assembly on Linux, Turing classroom (review of last Tuesday, preview of next Tuesday)
- 17:00 ABC of Cooking, Kitchen with Francisco (contact: en.espanol at yahoo dot com for more info )
- 18:00 Replicator Wednesday! Learn about 3D printing and its implications.
- 18:00 Linux Discussion - Linux meetup in the Turing classroom.
- 18:00 BioBridge Practical microbiology - we culture microbes for baking, brewing, fermentation and other yummy purposes. Come play and learn!
- 19:00 PyClass - Learn how to program using the Python programming language. New "series" starts December 5th!
- 19:00 SCoW - Sewing, Crafting, Or Whatever! Come make cool stuff with geeks.
- 19:30 Machine Learning - Study group for Stanford ML Class, in Church classroom.
- 20:00 BACE Timebank (2nd Wednesdays) - Help organize community mutual aid by trading in equal time credits. For more info email mira (at) sfbace.org or to join go to timebank.sfbace.org.
- Trash Night - Take out the trash for Friday morning!
- 19:00 Noisedroid/Nights - An Android-Themed Co-working Night.
- 19:00 German Corner Learn and practice speaking German.
- 20:00 Five Minutes of Fame (3rd Thursdays)
- 1st Saturdays: 13:00 - to late: 1st Replication Calibration SF bay area reprap meetup at Noisebridge, in the Main Hall. Bring and show off replicators of all types and stripes.
- 12:00-18:00 - Noisebridge Hackathon! Second Saturday Hackathon is a casual monthly event dedicated to building community and working on the space or relevant projects. This is a great time to get feedback or help on any projects you have been considering that center around the space, culture, and infrastructure of Noisebridge. You can also help with existing projects and find out ways to get involved. (2nd Saturday)
- 13:00 PerlStudy - Helping each other learn perl and all of it's goodness.
- 14:00 Bay Area Hacker's Association - security meeting (2nd Sundays)
- 15:00 Go - Playing of the Go boardgame. On nice days we often take the boards to Dolores Park and play there.
- 19:00 Hack Politics -- 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month. Hack the political systems.
Proposed Future Events and Classes
- 2011-10-15: Hackmeet - Free unconference and skillshare - https://hackmeet.org/ (11am-6pm)
- 2011-10-16: Hackmeet - Free unconference and skillshare - https://hackmeet.org/ (11am-6pm)
- 2011-07-13: Around 10am-6pm Small PyPy Sprint (Intro to PyPy core development) - http://pypy.org
- (TBD): Probability - Weekly probability study group based on Fundamentals of Applied Probability Theory by Al Drake
- (TBD): German - Learn German, all levels. 7pm beginners, 8pm advanced. RSVP 24 hours in advance for the benefit of the instructor. Events ran May-November 2009 on Mondays. Currently on hiatus. Get on the mailing list.
- (TBD): Mandarin - Learn or practice Mandarin, all levels. Also currently on hiatus. Get on the mailing list.
- (TBD): Movie Night! - Thom wants to build community through nerdy sci-fi! (+Bill+Ted+Excellence++)
- (TBD): Introduction to the AVR Microcontroller - Jeff and Mitch are planning an introductory class for people wanting to make cool projects with AVRs.
- (TBD): Basic Chemistry Lab Techniques
- (TBD): Cuddle Puddle for the Economy - Stress-hacking with informal massage exchange.
- (TBD): Milk and Cookies - Come read your favorite selections out loud. With Milk and Cookies (and yeah, probably beer too).
- (TBD): Processing Workshop 2 - Scott is interested in teaching this, and is busy thinking about what, where, when, why, and how.
- (TBD): Hack your Hardware -- We call BS on "no user-serviceable parts inside"
- (TBD): Homebrew Instruction Class - The Wort (pt 1/3)
- (TBD): Trip to Shooting Range - Field trip to a shooting range, to shoot guns. Express interest at Trip to Shooting Range
- (TBD): Surface Mount Soldering Workshop - Learn how to solder cicuits with small surface mount parts. Mitch Altman and Martin Bogomolni and others will show their tricks. Mitch will bring hackable kits that uses surface mounts for you to solder.
- (TBD) - Locksport and Lockpicking
- (TBD) - Version control tutorial
- (TBD) - Foreign language learning for rocket scientists - I'm near-native (fool people when I try) in (French and) Japanese, and a pro trans/terpreter and will share my shortcuts (skill-order, vocab, speed/articulation, translation≅grammar). No expertise on tonal languages yet... so if you know how to remember tones or how tone-sandhi interacts with speed and/or how nuances of speaker attitude are expressed in them (what we do with rythm/inflection/sentence-intonation and stress in Eng., and with particles and ??? in e.g. Cantonese) please chime in or call me (415-608-0564) so I can convey your wisdom. [also looking for a from-scratch Arabic partner]
- (TBD): Getting started with Arduino
- (TBD): Distributed Databases
- (TBD): Scrum Club - I though I'd test the waters and see if anyone was interested in a noisebridge scrum club details are here http://scrumclub.org/scrum-clubs/ if inturested hit me up twitter: @theabcasian, facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theabcasian
- (TBD): CNC Mill Workshop - Who wants to make stuff on the MaxNCMill?
- (TBD): Math & Science Help - If you would like some math, science or engineering help, I'm down to lend a hand.
- (TBD): Cyborg Group / Sensebridge - Work on projects like artificial senses. Someone needs to lead this!
- (TBD): OpenEEG - Brain tech. Has historically met on Sundays, at the behest of interested parties.
- (TBD): Programming for Poets - Gentle intro to programming using Processing
- September 11th 14:00 to 17:00 - The San Francisco Chapter of the Open Organisation Of Lockpickers and Bay Area Hacker's Association present a joint meeting on locksport
- August 4, 7PM, Thursday - Bob Zeidman will be giving a talk on video games and intellectual property, hosted by TheMADE. He will also speak about IP infringement cases.
- August 9, 6:30PM, Tuesday - Make:SF - Chris Jefferies will speak about the wireless sensor kit he is developing and we are bringing back our all star soldering kits.
- April 13th, 19:00 - Kombucha fermentation class with BioBridge
- April 7th, 20:00 - Noisebridge: In-Depth Our monthly lecture and round table. This month's speaker will be Aragorn! his lecture will be "Anarchism & technology: An unbridgeable chasm"
- April 4th, 20:00 - Camp KDE Party. Come and meet part of the KDE North America community and get a quick overview of this year's Camp KDE conference. There will be beer.
- April 3rd, 16:00 - NoiseCaching: Meet-up to build some geocaches, and talk about making geocoins. Then we'll head out to find some local caches and place caches we made. More info about Geocaching here
- March 20th, 19:00 Hack Politics meetup -- the first meetup to figure out how we in the hacker community can effectively mobilize and create meaningful change in these interesting times
- March 12th, 12:00-18:00 - Noisebridge Hackathon! Second Saturday Hackathon is a casual monthly event dedicated to working on the space or relevant projects and building community. This is a great time to get feedback or help on any projects you have been considering that center around the space, culture, and infrastructure of Noisebridge. You can also help with existing projects and find out ways to get involved.
- March 10, Thursday, 19:00 - Group Grammar Clinic - Church Classroom - Donations gladly accepted - A clinic for grammar and writing evaluation. Please bring your web/social or technical writing for us to evaluate. Bring your laptop as well. Collaboration groupware possibly provided. (Please suggest groupware software to use if you wish). Constructive feedback from other group members is encouraged so that this clinic is a group process. - Facilitator: Owen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- March 9th, 20:00 - Ferment and filter a mash! fermentation logs
- Sunday, August 22, 19:00 CLUB-MATE DROPOFF AND TASTING PARTY Nick Farr will be in town to drop off Club-Mate ordered by San Franciscans!
- June 5th, 12:00-19:00 - NoiseBridgeRehab - Help make the space more usable and accessible! Noisebridge needs your help!
- June 5th, 16:00-20:00 - Science For Juggalos - Science Fair in front of the Warfield Theater teaching magnetism to Juggalos
- June 6th, 15:00 - AVC Meetup - Entrepreneurial bonding & matchmaking
- June 9th, 21:00 - Your liver supports Noisebridge - Come to Elixir @ 16th & Guerrero anytime after 21:00 and drink, drink, drink! 50% of tips go to Noisebridge
- February 27th, 20:00 - Hacker EPROM - Noisebridge's first prom! Nice tie and a (robot) date required. We will have a DJ and punch.
- February 24th, 19:00, Wednesday - Joris Peels, of Shapeways, and expert on 3D printing, will give a talk and demonstration at Noisebridge!.
- February 23rd, 18:00 - Cleaning day - Come and help clean Noisebridge, because everyone loves a clean hack space.
- February 12th, 21:00 - visit from Steve Jackson. Game designer Steve Jackson, founder of Steve Jackson Games, will visit Noisebridge.
- January 27th, 18:00-20:00 - Circuit Bending Workshop - Beatrix*JAR (contact Gian Pablo for more info)
- January 27th, 20:00-22:00 - Circuit Bending Performance - Beatrix*JAR - "Celebrate a night of new sound that will change your idea of music forever!"
- January 25th, 19:30 - Bag Porn - What's in your bag?
- January 20th, 19:00-21:00 - Bay Categories & Types - Categories, monoids, monads, functors and more! Held in the Alonzo Church classroom.
- January 20th, 19:00 - User Experience Book Club SF - Our book this month is "A Theory of Fun for Game Design" by Raph Koster - http://is.gd/6sEqw (meets in Turing)
- January 21st, 20:00 - Five Minutes of Fame - Monthly set of lightning talks on diverse topics
- January 22nd, 17:00 - Cleaning Party - Come help clean up Noisebridge! Awsum fun!
- ...January 14th,16th, and 17th 1:00- ??? Build Out day for kitchen/bathroom/laundry bring yourself and a good attitude, learn a few things as well
- January 15th, 18:00 - CNC_Mill_Workshop - Learn to use the CNC mill for 2D engraving and circuit board routing
- Thursdays 17:00 American Sign Language - Learn how to talk without using your voice (or just come chat in ASL). click to reschedule
- November 18th, 19:30 - Dorkbot
- November 19th, 18:00 - Mesh meetup
- November 19th, 20:00 - Five Minutes of Fame
- November 20th, 18:00 - Loud Objects Noise Toy workshop.
- November 20th, 20:00 - Performance by Loud Objects, (featuring Tristan Perich and Lesley Flanigan) and Jib Kidder.
- 2009-11-05 - Server Sky presentation: Internet and Computation in Orbit by Keith Lofstrom
- 2009-11-05 - Mesh meetup
- 2009-11-02 - French book club meeting to discuss Une Si Longue Lettre
- October 1st, 18:00 - Mesh wireless meetup
- October 1st, 19:00 - Bay Area Categories and Types
- 2009-10-03 Year 1 Open Hacker House
- Friday: CrazyCryptoNight - Discussion of cryptography for beginners through experts. 6-???
- Sunday : OpenEEG Hacking Sundays, at 3-5pm.
- Tuesday: Haskell/Haschool - Learn Haskell with Jason Dusek. 6PM - 7:30PM, from May until we're all experts.
- Wednesday: Adobe Lightroom - Become a more organized photographer. Weekly class (mostly held off site).
- Thursday: Professional VFX Compositing With Adobe After Effects - Taught by Aaron Muszalski. 7:30PM - 10PM, most Thursdays in May & June & ? (click through dammit)
- 2009-09-17: Five Minutes of Fame 3D Edition
- 2009-09-17: Mesh wireless meetup
- 2009-08-20: Five Minutes of Fame One Dee Edition
- 2009-07-16: Five Minutes of Fame Zero Dee
- 2009-07-02 - 2009-07-05: Toorcamp
- 2009-07-01: Noisedroid meeting to discuss location logging on Android platform (and other stuff too, I'm sure)
- 2009-06-30: Powerbocking class
- 2009-06-30: "Suing Telemarketers for Fun and Profit" (Toorcamp talk preview)
- 2009-06-28: "Meditation for Hackers" (Toorcamp workshop preview)
- 2009-06-18: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-06-15: Eagle Workshop Session two of the Eagle CAD workshop.
- 2009-06-13: RoboGames 2009 Noisebridge had a booth staffed by vounteers, great fun!
- 2009-05-21: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-04-27: EagleCAD workshop -- learn to use this CAD tool for printed circuit board design
- 2009-04-16: Five Minutes of Fame April showers & flowers edition
- 2009-04-11: RFID Hacking weekend workshop (this event moved from the original March date)
- 2009-04-05: First aid and CPR class Learning how to not only not die, but also reduce scarring!
- 2009-04-03: Sudo pop 2PM and on. Making the first batch of a Noisebridge label yerba mate-niated rootbrew, gratis and DIY
- 2009-03-26: OpenEEG Hacking first meet up for this new group: 8 pm
- 2009-03-19: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-03-12: OpenBTS and GSM talk by David Burgess
- 2009-02-14: Open Heart Workshop Valentine's Day blinkyheart soldering party!
- 2009-02-13: time_t Party to celebrate 1,234,567,890 since the Unix epoch.
- 2009-02-09: Spanish learning at 8:30
- 2009-02-05: PGP Key Workshop
- 2009-01-31: Locksport and Lockpicking
- 2008-12-27: 25C3 Chaos Computer Congress in Berlin
- 2008-12-20 & 21: Creme Brulee Workshop on creating a french dessert, with bonus propane torch.
- 2008-12-17 20:00: Machine Learning Birds-of-a-feather
- 2008-11-24: Circuit Hacking Monday circuit design workshop
- 2008-11-21, 7pm:Milk and Cookies -- David Molnar hosts Milk and Cookies at 83C. Bring a short 5-7minute thing to read to others. Bring a potluck cookie/snack/drink if you like. David will bring milk and cookies.
- 2008-11-17, 7:30pm: Basic Bicycle Maintain - Rubin and rigel hate it when we see a bike that isn't maintained. Screechy chains and clacking derailleur can go to hell. Basic bike tune up, sharing the smarts on simple things you can do at home to make your ride suck a whole lot less.
- 2008-11-16, 5:00pm: RepRap Soldering Party - help assemble RepRap! RSVPs required on wiki! adi
- 2008-11-16, 3:00pm: Oscilloscopes - Learn how to use this versatile tool to test electronic circuits. Maximum 6 slots, please sign up ahead of time! dstaff
- 2008-10-31: Halloween Open House - NoiseBridge's own PPPC threw an awesome open house/halloween gala. Post pictures if you got 'em!
- 2008-10-25: Soldering Workshop and Pumpkin Hackin' - Learn to solder for total newbies (or learn to solder better!), including surface mount. Additionally, carve your halloween pumpkins and enjoy some experimental pumpkin pie and/or soup.
- 2008-10-07: (tuesday before meeting) - Etch a circuit board. I'll be trying a photo resist etching and a basic printed mask etching. This is step 1/3 for a project called "annoying USB thingie" which will execute pre-defined keystrokes by sneaking a tiny USB dongle onto a victim^h^h^h^h^h buddy's computer.
- 2008-09-13: Processing Workshop — Learn this very easy-to-use programming language! - Processing Workshop Report
- 2008-02-16: Brain Machine Making Workshop: Our first hardware sprint!
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Events"
The following 152 pages are in this category, out of 152 total.
- Nanaloop Tutorial
- Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball
- Noisebridge Gaming Archivists
- Noisebridge Koruza event
- Noise~ Wednesday