Official, Semi-Official, one-off and other events at the Noisebridge space.
To post Google Calendar entries for your event, ask on the noisebridge-discuss mailing list.
Upcoming Events edit
- October 22nd, Monday, 18:45 - 21:45 - Learn Surface Mount Soldering (SMD) with Sparkfun, using their Surface Mount Simon kit.
Here's some photos from the event.
- October 24nd, Wednesday, 19:00 - Automated Kombucha Brewing Project. A preliminary meeting to get things rolling. We'll be talking about scheduling, ideas, goals, dreams, and designs pertaining to our project!
- October 24nd, Wednesday, 18:45 - MoinMoin devs visiting, see MoinMoin Wiki.
- October 26th, Friday, 19:00 - Detecting Stegnography (for the absolute beginner)
- October 27th, Saturday, 13:00 - 16:30 - Arduino for Total Newbies workshop
(using TV-B-Gone as an example project).
Learn all you need to know to make cool projects with Arduino!
- November 16th, Friday - Book release event for Gabriella Coleman's book Coding Freedom
- December 8, Saturday, 12:00 - 18:00 - Elecrtic Imp Hackathon - The Imp is an arm microcontroller that uses WiFi and a cloud service to connect to the internet.
Recurring Events edit
- 14:30 - 17:00 Circuit Hacking Mondays - Early version. If you can't stay up late, stay out on a school night, or if you have particular accessibility needs, Liz can help you learn to solder, tinker with things, and work on kits. Have dinner and come back for the evening CHM!
- 19:00 - 23:00 Gamebridge Unityversity Unity3D Game Development mentoring group is back now that Code Hero is in alpha.
- 19:00 Cook-in class Bring your ideas/food/appetite and try your hand at cooking.
- 20:00-22:00 Frontend Web Development - No class on 2012-10-29. Learn HTML/CSS/JS. We'll cover the basics (starting at 19:30) and then go in-depth on different topics every week.
- Take Out the Trash Night
- 15:00 - 16:30 Linux System Administration Study Group meets in the Turing classroom. Help us develop a Linux section for the wiki. We're working with Git as of May 2012.
- 16:30 Intro to SQL Databases Database programming and design using MySQL. Every Tuesday in Turing classroom.
- 17:30 C and assembler on Linux This is a class working at a beginner's level with gcc and nash in Church.
- 19:00-21:00 Backend web dev in Ruby on Rails
- 19:00 Tastebridge / Vegan Hacker Monthly Food Hacking, last Tuesday of every month, 7pm. http://www.veganhackersf.com
- 19:30 Spacebridge - Noisebridge's space program
- 18:00 Anarchafeminist Hackerhive The Hivemoot continues.
- 18:00 Replicator Wednesday! This event is on hiatus from Noisebridge until further notice.
- 18:00 Linux Discussion - Linux meetup in the Turing classroom.
- 19:00 PyClass - Learn how to program using the Python programming language. New "series" starts December 5th!
- 19:00 SCoW - Sewing, Crafting, Or Whatever! Come make cool stuff with geeks.
- 20:00 BACE Timebank (2nd Wednesdays) - Help organize community mutual aid by trading in equal time credits. To join go to bace.org.
- Trash Night - Take out the trash for Friday morning!
- 19:00 Tahoe LAUGHS Help build freedom.
- 19:30 Machine Learning come in and learn about statistical learning techniques.
- 19:00 German Corner Learn and practice speaking German.
- 20:00 Frontend Web Development Lab - No class on 2012-11-01. Understand by doing! A recap of Monday's lecture in workshop form - and a good time for one-on-one help with the material.
- 18:30-20:30 Beginner French - Learn basic grammar and sentence structure. Classes meet in the Turing room.
These events appear to be dormant or extinct.
Proposed Future Events and Classes
- (TBD): Basic Chemistry Lab Techniques
- (TBD): Cuddle Puddle for the Economy - Stress-hacking with informal massage exchange.
- (TBD): Hack your Hardware -- We call BS on "no user-serviceable parts inside"
- (TBD): Homebrew Instruction Class - The Wort (pt 1/3)
- (TBD): Surface Mount Soldering Workshop - Learn how to solder cicuits with small surface mount parts. Mitch Altman and Martin Bogomolni and others will show their tricks. Mitch will bring hackable kits that uses surface mounts for you to solder.
- (TBD) - Locksport and Lockpicking
- (TBD) - Version control tutorial
- (TBD): Getting started with Arduino
- (TBD): Distributed Databases
- (TBD): CNC Mill Workshop - Who wants to make stuff on the MaxNCMill?
- (TBD): OpenEEG - Brain tech. Has historically met on Sundays, at the behest of interested parties.
- (TBD): Programming for Poets - Gentle intro to programming using Processing
- (TBD): PlunderBridge - Metal detecting, detector technology & treasure hunting expeditions.
- (TBD): Ruby Mining - Ruby on Rails basics, interactive working group
- (TBD): MoinMoin Wiki - MoinMoin Wiki (details see there)
- April 13th, 19:00 - Kombucha fermentation class with BioBridge
- March 9th, 20:00 - Ferment and filter a mash! fermentation logs
- June 6th, 15:00 - AVC Meetup - Entrepreneurial bonding & matchmaking
- January 25th, 19:30 - Bag Porn - What's in your bag?
- January 21st, 20:00 - Five Minutes of Fame - Monthly set of lightning talks on diverse topics
- January 22nd, 17:00 - Cleaning Party - Come help clean up Noisebridge! Awsum fun!
- November 18th, 19:30 - Dorkbot
- November 19th, 18:00 - Mesh meetup
- November 19th, 20:00 - Five Minutes of Fame
- November 20th, 18:00 - Loud Objects Noise Toy workshop.
- 2009-11-05 - Server Sky presentation: Internet and Computation in Orbit by Keith Lofstrom
- 2009-11-05 - Mesh meetup
- 2009-11-02 - French book club meeting to discuss Une Si Longue Lettre
- October 1st, 18:00 - Mesh wireless meetup
- October 1st, 19:00 - Bay Area Categories and Types
- 2009-10-03 Year 1 Open Hacker House
- Friday: CrazyCryptoNight - Discussion of cryptography for beginners through experts. 6-???
- Sunday : OpenEEG Hacking Sundays, at 3-5pm.
- 2009-09-17: Five Minutes of Fame 3D Edition
- 2009-09-17: Mesh wireless meetup
- 2009-08-20: Five Minutes of Fame One Dee Edition
- 2009-07-16: Five Minutes of Fame Zero Dee
- 2009-07-02 - 2009-07-05: Toorcamp
- 2009-06-30: Powerbocking class
- 2009-06-30: "Suing Telemarketers for Fun and Profit" (Toorcamp talk preview)
- 2009-06-28: "Meditation for Hackers" (Toorcamp workshop preview)
- 2009-06-18: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-06-15: Eagle Workshop Session two of the Eagle CAD workshop.
- 2009-06-13: RoboGames 2009 Noisebridge had a booth staffed by vounteers, great fun!
- 2009-05-21: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-04-27: EagleCAD workshop -- learn to use this CAD tool for printed circuit board design
- 2009-04-16: Five Minutes of Fame April showers & flowers edition
- 2009-04-11: RFID Hacking weekend workshop (this event moved from the original March date)
- 2009-04-05: First aid and CPR class Learning how to not only not die, but also reduce scarring!
- 2009-03-26: OpenEEG Hacking first meet up for this new group: 8 pm
- 2009-03-19: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-03-12: OpenBTS and GSM talk by David Burgess
- 2009-02-14: Open Heart Workshop Valentine's Day blinkyheart soldering party!
- 2009-02-13: time_t Party to celebrate 1,234,567,890 since the Unix epoch.
- 2009-02-09: Spanish learning at 8:30
- 2009-02-05: PGP Key Workshop
- 2009-01-31: Locksport and Lockpicking
- 2008-12-27: 25C3 Chaos Computer Congress in Berlin
- 2008-12-20 & 21: Creme Brulee Workshop on creating a french dessert, with bonus propane torch.
- 2008-12-17 20:00: Machine Learning Birds-of-a-feather
- 2008-11-24: Circuit Hacking Monday circuit design workshop
- 2008-11-16, 5:00pm: RepRap Soldering Party - help assemble RepRap! RSVPs required on wiki! adi
- 2008-02-16: Brain Machine Making Workshop: Our first hardware sprint!
Pages in category "Events"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.