Official, Semi-Official, one-off and other events at the Noisebridge space.
If you'd like to host an event yourself, we recommend involving at least one Noisebridge member, and have advice on hosting an event at Noisebridge.
To post Google Calendar entries for your event, ask on the noisebridge-discuss mailing list.
Upcoming Events edit
- DATE TBA—March or April 2013: Benefit / Art Auction for Noisebridge A simple affair with art for sale donated by local artists, or a splendid gala event. Get involved, you fucking assholes! Potential fab way to replenish the NB coffers, clear out old stuff & revitalize the space with new members. Add your quirky, fun ideas and concepts on Noisebridge-discuss, or glance through the word vomit on the Wiki page. Together we'll make this happen.
- Wednesday, March 6, 20:00-22:00 Noise~ Wednesday Messing around with Max/MSP, a visual programming language perfect for music and video performance. Also perfect for anything else. Upcoming class: Audio sampling and shaping.
- Saturday March 16, 10:00-18:00 Anarchist Bookfair skillshares and workshops, contact Gregg. with questions greggahortonatgmail.com.
- Tuesday April 2, 10:00-13:00: Burton High School visit. A local physics teacher is bringing 30-50 students to experience Noisebridge. Sign up on the event page if you would like to teach an interesting skill such as electronics, sewing, circuit bending, etc.
Recurring Events edit
- 19:00 - 22:00 Gamebridge Unityversity Unity3D Game Development mentoring group is back now that Code Hero is in alpha.
- 20:00 - 22:00 Frontend Web Development - Learn HTML/CSS/JS. We'll cover the basics (starting at 19:30) and then go in-depth on different topics every week.
- Take Out the Trash Night
- 15:00 - 16:30 Linux System Administration class meets in the Turing classroom. This is a change of format from the Linux System Administration Study Group. An instructor presents a topic of Linux system administration. You can follow along if you bring your own Linux computer. Command-line skills are assumed. The focus is primarily on server systems, less on workstation problems. For 2/12/2013: Git.
- 16:30 Intro to Databases Database programming and design using MySQL and others. Every Tuesday in Turing classroom.
- 18:30-20:00 *ix Linux.BSD.UNIX Open Learning and Hacking Learning by doing in Linux/OpenBSD/FreeBSD/Unix/Others in Turing.
- 19:00-21:00 Light Patterns with LEDs and Arduino - Learn how to make light dance and do your bidding! We will make Arduino sketches to control multicolor LED pixels.
- 18:00 Office Hours Have pressing questions about Noisebridge, or need help dealing with nonsense? Find Tom at the space or the Sycamore for help before the meeting.
- 15:30-17:30 - CDS Kids HackerSpaceInABoxworkshop in the Turing classroom with Dan Larsson
- 18:00-20:00 Linux Discussion and Problem Solving - Linux meetup in the Turing classroom.
- 19:00 Coursera Cryptography discussion/study session
- 19:00 SCoW - Sewing, Crafting, Or Whatever! Come make cool stuff with geeks.
- 19:00 Replicator Wednesday! Check noisebridge-discuss for this week's location
- 20:00-22:00 ZinesFromOuterSpace - A biweekly (once every 2 weeks or twice a month) meetup for zinesters / printing hackers / DIY publishers, and brainstorming session for the next chapter of ZiP. Next meeting is 1/30/13, followed by another in mid-Feb (TBA).
- Trash Night - Take out the trash for Friday morning!
- 19:00 Tahoe LAUGHS Help build freedom. Meetup this week: 2013-01-10!!
- 19:00 Tastebridge / Vegan Hacker Monthly Food Hacking, last Thurssday of every month, 7pm. http://www.veganhackersf.com
- 19:30 Machine Learning come in and learn about statistical learning techniques.
- 20:00 Frontend Web Development Lab - Understand by doing! A recap of Monday's lecture in workshop form - and a good time for one-on-one help with the material.
- 18:00 - 21:00 Privacy Bay - A monthly meetup for Bay Area folks interested in privacy. Meets in Church on the last Thursday of the month.
- 13:30-16:00 - HackerSpaceInABoxworkshop with Justin Jach's kids in the Turing classroom
- 19:00 - 21:00 Anarchy 101 - a class/seminar on what anarchy is and is not, and how it impacts us as individuals and as discrete groups.
- 12:30-19:30 Dungeons and Dragons in Church, not currently looking for new players.
- 13:00 Songbridge: (Bi-monthly) Learn how to make and record music with a computer. We cover midi and vst as well as multi-track recording. Bring your laptop.
- 13:00 Lock Sport Collaboration: Come learn how to pick locks with the SF Bay Area chapter of TOOOL
- 14:00 Bay Area Hacker's Association - security meeting (2nd Sundays)
- 14:00-22:00 World of Darkness Looking to run a biweekly game at Noisebridge. Talk with Melissa if interested
- 18:00 Plan 9 Plan 9 class
These events appear to be dormant or extinct.
Proposed Future Events and Classes
- "'(TBD)"': Sound Science A potential monthly lecture/demonstration series on the little known science behind sound reproduction. Topics to include: Transducer Physics(speakers and mics), Room Acoustics, Signal Path and Cabling,Loudspeaker design 101, Music Production Tips for Big Sound, and How to make a small system sound HUGE. Each session to include hands on projects like making speakers from stuff lying around, Non-Newtonian bass monsters, and ez speaker mods for anyone. If interested contact the new guy-> MattLong8 at gmail dot com, 805 four five three - six zero nine seven
- "'(TBD)"': VideoHacking a weekly video/video art devoted hacker group, including experiments in the 3D vr realm...if interested contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesdays at 21:00 Brewing Bridge - Malakkar Proposal: Learn how to make your drinks fun AND antibacterial, using yeast. This will be recurring if enough interest or need is present. Associated items - what to do with brewing leftovers, and brewers sample hour, etc.
- (TBD): Fie: Failure is Eminent - James wants to start a System Recovery class that will meet either bi-monthly or weekly for a couple hours to try various backup and recovery methods on drives and data.
- (TBD): 101 Introduction to Linux - James wants to start a 101 Introduction to Linux class where people can ask whatever questions they want and get them answered in 60 to 90 minutes. Church would be the optimal location. Looking for teachers.
- (TBD): Movie Night! - Thom wants to build community through nerdy sci-fi! (+Bill+Ted+Excellence++) (how about a Friday hacker movie night? -Carl)
- (TBD): Basic Chemistry Lab Techniques
- (TBD): Cuddle Puddle for the Economy - Stress-hacking with informal massage exchange.
- (TBD): Hack your Hardware -- We call BS on "no user-serviceable parts inside"
- (TBD): Homebrew Instruction Class - The Wort (pt 1/3)
- (TBD): Surface Mount Soldering Workshop - Learn how to solder cicuits with small surface mount parts. Mitch Altman and Martin Bogomolni and others will show their tricks. Mitch will bring hackable kits that uses surface mounts for you to solder. <-YES!(mattlong8 at gmail dot com)
- (TBD) - Locksport and Lockpicking
- (TBD) - Version control tutorial
- (TBD): Getting started with Arduino
- (TBD): Distributed Databases
- (TBD): Node.js Beginners Session - Interested in learning about Node.js? I am. Maybe these guys want to teach it: http://www.meetup.com/Joyent-Cloud-User-Group/events/81311542/
- (TBD): CNC Mill Workshop - Who wants to make stuff on the MaxNCMill?
- (TBD): OpenEEG - Brain tech. Has historically met on Sundays, at the behest of interested parties.
- (TBD): Programming for Poets - Gentle intro to programming using Processing
- (TBD): World Builders & Simgineers - Work together to create a beautiful & open virtual world & platform.
- (TBD): PlunderBridge - Metal detecting, detector technology & treasure hunting expeditions.
- (TBD): Ruby Mining - Ruby on Rails basics, interactive working group
- (TBD): MoinMoin Wiki - MoinMoin Wiki (details see there)
- December 20, Thursday, 20:00 - 22:00 - 5 Minutes of Fame - Following up on its triumphant return in November, 5MoF is back with another showcase of lightning talks & other good stuff, with your host Sir Danny O'Brien! Details TBA
- Tuesday Feb. 14th, 18:00 to 20:00 ZiP MegaZine releases its inaugural issue with My Noisy Valentine Zine Release Microparty in the Noisebridge cafe. For more info follow this link.
- Wednesday, Jan. 30, 20:00-22:00 ZiP meeting for zine-makers & others with an interest in printing & self-publishing. The meeting 1/30/13 is our first since mid-2012. We plan to hold them regularly from now on at this time (Wednesday 8pm). This meeting will be informal & will probably take place in the printing/lasercutter area of the hackerspace.
- September 11th 14:00 to 17:00 - The San Francisco Chapter of the Open Organisation Of Lockpickers and Bay Area Hacker's Association present a joint meeting on locksport
- August 4, 7PM, Thursday - Bob Zeidman will be giving a talk on video games and intellectual property, hosted by TheMADE. He will also speak about IP infringement cases.
- August 9, 6:30PM, Tuesday - Make:SF - Chris Jefferies will speak about the wireless sensor kit he is developing and we are bringing back our all star soldering kits.
- April 13th, 19:00 - Kombucha fermentation class with BioBridge
- April 7th, 20:00 - Noisebridge: In-Depth Our monthly lecture and round table. This month's speaker will be Aragorn! his lecture will be "Anarchism & technology: An unbridgeable chasm"
- April 4th, 20:00 - Camp KDE Party. Come and meet part of the KDE North America community and get a quick overview of this year's Camp KDE conference. There will be beer.
- April 3rd, 16:00 - NoiseCaching: Meet-up to build some geocaches, and talk about making geocoins. Then we'll head out to find some local caches and place caches we made. More info about Geocaching here
- March 9th, 20:00 - Ferment and filter a mash! fermentation logs
- June 6th, 15:00 - AVC Meetup - Entrepreneurial bonding & matchmaking
- January 25th, 19:30 - Bag Porn - What's in your bag?
- January 21st, 20:00 - Five Minutes of Fame - Monthly set of lightning talks on diverse topics
- January 22nd, 17:00 - Cleaning Party - Come help clean up Noisebridge! Awsum fun!
- November 18th, 19:30 - Dorkbot
- November 19th, 18:00 - Mesh meetup
- November 19th, 20:00 - Five Minutes of Fame
- November 20th, 18:00 - Loud Objects Noise Toy workshop.
- 2009-11-05 - Server Sky presentation: Internet and Computation in Orbit by Keith Lofstrom
- 2009-11-05 - Mesh meetup
- 2009-11-02 - French book club meeting to discuss Une Si Longue Lettre
- October 1st, 18:00 - Mesh wireless meetup
- October 1st, 19:00 - Bay Area Categories and Types
- 2009-10-03 Year 1 Open Hacker House
- Friday: CrazyCryptoNight - Discussion of cryptography for beginners through experts. 6-???
- Sunday : OpenEEG Hacking Sundays, at 3-5pm.
- Monday: German - Learn German, all levels. 7pm beginners, 8pm advanced. RSVP 24 hours in advance for the benefit of the instructor. Events ran May-November 2009. Currently on Thursdays at 8. Get on the mailing list.
- 2009-09-17: Five Minutes of Fame 3D Edition
- 2009-09-17: Mesh wireless meetup
- 2009-08-20: Five Minutes of Fame One Dee Edition
- 2009-07-16: Five Minutes of Fame Zero Dee
- 2009-07-02 - 2009-07-05: Toorcamp
- 2009-06-30: Powerbocking class
- 2009-06-30: "Suing Telemarketers for Fun and Profit" (Toorcamp talk preview)
- 2009-06-28: "Meditation for Hackers" (Toorcamp workshop preview)
- 2009-06-18: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-06-15: Eagle Workshop Session two of the Eagle CAD workshop.
- 2009-06-13: RoboGames 2009 Noisebridge had a booth staffed by vounteers, great fun!
- 2009-05-21: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-04-27: EagleCAD workshop -- learn to use this CAD tool for printed circuit board design
- 2009-04-16: Five Minutes of Fame April showers & flowers edition
- 2009-04-11: RFID Hacking weekend workshop (this event moved from the original March date)
- 2009-04-05: First aid and CPR class Learning how to not only not die, but also reduce scarring!
- 2009-03-26: OpenEEG Hacking first meet up for this new group: 8 pm
- 2009-03-19: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-03-12: OpenBTS and GSM talk by David Burgess
- 2009-02-14: Open Heart Workshop Valentine's Day blinkyheart soldering party!
- 2009-02-13: time_t Party to celebrate 1,234,567,890 since the Unix epoch.
- 2009-02-09: Spanish learning at 8:30
- 2009-02-05: PGP Key Workshop
- 2009-01-31: Locksport and Lockpicking
- 2008-12-27: 25C3 Chaos Computer Congress in Berlin
- 2008-12-20 & 21: Creme Brulee Workshop on creating a french dessert, with bonus propane torch.
- 2008-12-17 20:00: Machine Learning Birds-of-a-feather
- 2008-11-24: Circuit Hacking Monday circuit design workshop
- 2008-11-16, 5:00pm: RepRap Soldering Party - help assemble RepRap! RSVPs required on wiki! adi
- 2008-02-16: Brain Machine Making Workshop: Our first hardware sprint!
Pages in category "Events"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.