Official, Semi-Official, one-off and other events at the NoiseBridge space.
Not all events make it onto this calendar. Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC or in person at. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff... like in person. Some events just happen. Pay attention!
To post Google Calendar entries for your event, contact a Noisebridge member for access.
(Wouldn't it be great if there were a gCal mediawiki plugin so crossposting wasn't needed? Do you know of a good one? Help us!) <- working on this, need to upgrade Mediawiki in order to use some plugins
Upcoming Events edit
- October 1, 18:00 - Mesh wireless meetup
- October 1, 19:00 - Bay Area Categories and Types
- October 1-4 - Arse Elektronika: Of Intercourse and Intracourse
- October 2nd, 18:00-23:00 Year 1 Open Hacker House - Showing off cool hacked up stuff from the first year.
- October 26, 20:00 French book club meeting to discuss Une Si Longue Lettre.
Recurring Events edit
- 18:00 ASL Group - Learn how to talk without using your voice (or just come chat in ASL). click to reschedule
- 18:00 Mandarin Corner - Weekly study group to practice Chinese language.
- 20:00 Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision making.
- 20:00 Games - Play games with geeks.
- 20:00 Five Minutes of Fame - Monthly set of lightning talks on diverse topics (third Thursday of each month, next event is October 15th)
- 11:00 Cyborg Group - Work on projects like artificial senses (e.g. an anklet that lets you feel which way is north)
- 14:00 Formal methods reading group - Learn about computer science theory
- 15:00 Go Playing of the Go boardgame. On nice days we often take the boards to Dolores Park and play there.
- 15:00 Locks! (every other sunday)
- 17:00 Machine Learning - Teach computers to learn stuff using artificial intelligence and other techniques. (We're meeting at 2169 Mission, enduring the dust and noise!)
Proposed Future Events and Classes
- (TBD): Introduction to the AVR Microcontroller - Jeff and Mitch are planning an introductory class for people wanting to make cool projects with AVRs.
- (TBD): Basic Chemistry Lab Techniques
- (TBD): Cuddle Puddle for the Economy - Stress-hacking with informal massage exchange.
- (TBD): Milk and Cookies - Come read your favorite selections out loud. With Milk and Cookies (and yeah, probably beer too).
- (TBD): Processing Workshop 2 - Scott is interested in teaching this, and is busy thinking about what, where, when, why, and how.
- (TBD): Hack your Hardware -- We call BS on "no user-serviceable parts inside"
- (TBD): Homebrew Instruction Class - The Wort (pt 1/3)
- (TBD): Trip to Shooting Range - Field trip to a shooting range, to shoot guns. Express interest at Trip to Shooting Range
- (TBD): Surface Mount Soldering Workshop - Learn how to solder cicuits with small surface mount parts. Mitch Altman and Martin Bogomolni and others will show their tricks. Mitch will bring hackable kits that uses surface mounts for you to solder.
- (TBD) - Locksport and Lockpicking
- (TBD) - Version control tutorial
- (TBD) - Foreign language learning for rocket scientists - I'm near-native (fool people when I try) in (French and) Japanese, and a pro trans/terpreter and will share my shortcuts (skill-order, vocab, speed/articulation, translation≅grammar). No expertise on tonal languages yet... so if you know how to remember tones or how tone-sandhi interacts with speed and/or how nuances of speaker attitude are expressed in them (what we do with rythm/inflection/sentence-intonation and stress in Eng., and with particles and ??? in e.g. Cantonese) please chime in or call me (415-608-0564) so I can convey your wisdom. [also looking for a from-scratch Arabic partner]
- (TBD): Getting started with Arduino
- (TBD): Distributed Databases
- Friday: CrazyCryptoNight - Discussion of cryptography for beginners through experts. 6-???
- Sunday : OpenEEG Hacking Sundays, at 3-5pm.
- Tuesday: Haskell/Haschool - Learn Haskell with Jason Dusek. 6PM - 7:30PM, from May until we're all experts.
- Wednesday: Adobe Lightroom - Become a more organized photographer. Weekly class (mostly held off site).
- Thursday: Professional VFX Compositing With Adobe After Effects - Taught by Aaron Muszalski. 7:30PM - 10PM, most Thursdays in May & June & ? (click through dammit)
- 2009-09-17: Five Minutes of Fame 3D Edition
- 2009-09-17: Mesh wireless meetup
- 2009-08-20: Five Minutes of Fame One Dee Edition
- 2009-07-16: Five Minutes of Fame Zero Dee
- 2009-07-02 - 2009-07-05: Toorcamp
- 2009-07-01: Noisedroid meeting to discuss location logging on Android platform (and other stuff too, I'm sure)
- 2009-06-30: Powerbocking class
- 2009-06-30: "Suing Telemarketers for Fun and Profit" (Toorcamp talk preview)
- 2009-06-28: "Meditation for Hackers" (Toorcamp workshop preview)
- 2009-06-18: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-06-15: Eagle Workshop Session two of the Eagle CAD workshop.
- 2009-06-13: RoboGames 2009 Noisebridge had a booth staffed by vounteers, great fun!
- 2009-05-21: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-04-27: EagleCAD workshop -- learn to use this CAD tool for printed circuit board design
- 2009-04-16: Five Minutes of Fame April showers & flowers edition
- 2009-04-11: RFID Hacking weekend workshop (this event moved from the original March date)
- 2009-04-05: First aid and CPR class Learning how to not only not die, but also reduce scarring!
- 2009-04-03: Sudo pop 2PM and on. Making the first batch of a Noisebridge label yerba mate-niated rootbrew, gratis and DIY
- 2009-03-26: OpenEEG Hacking first meet up for this new group: 8 pm
- 2009-03-19: Five Minutes of Fame
- 2009-03-12: OpenBTS and GSM talk by David Burgess
- 2009-02-14: Open Heart Workshop Valentine's Day blinkyheart soldering party!
- 2009-02-13: time_t Party to celebrate 1,234,567,890 since the Unix epoch.
- 2009-02-09: Spanish learning at 8:30
- 2009-02-05: PGP Key Workshop
- 2009-01-31: Locksport and Lockpicking
- 2008-12-27: 25C3 Chaos Computer Congress in Berlin
- 2008-12-20 & 21: Creme Brulee Workshop on creating a french dessert, with bonus propane torch.
- 2008-12-17 20:00: Machine Learning Birds-of-a-feather
- 2008-11-24: Circuit Hacking Monday circuit design workshop
- 2008-11-21, 7pm:Milk and Cookies -- David Molnar hosts Milk and Cookies at 83C. Bring a short 5-7minute thing to read to others. Bring a potluck cookie/snack/drink if you like. David will bring milk and cookies.
- 2008-11-17, 7:30pm: Basic Bicycle Maintain - Rubin and rigel hate it when we see a bike that isn't maintained. Screechy chains and clacking derailleur can go to hell. Basic bike tune up, sharing the smarts on simple things you can do at home to make your ride suck a whole lot less.
- 2008-11-16, 5:00pm: RepRap Soldering Party - help assemble RepRap! RSVPs required on wiki! adi
- 2008-11-16, 3:00pm: Oscilloscopes - Learn how to use this versatile tool to test electronic circuits. Maximum 6 slots, please sign up ahead of time! dstaff
- 2008-10-31: Halloween Open House - NoiseBridge's own PPPC threw an awesome open house/halloween gala. Post pictures if you got 'em!
- 2008-10-25: Soldering Workshop and Pumpkin Hackin' - Learn to solder for total newbies (or learn to solder better!), including surface mount. Additionally, carve your halloween pumpkins and enjoy some experimental pumpkin pie and/or soup.
- 2008-10-07: (tuesday before meeting) - Etch a circuit board. I'll be trying a photo resist etching and a basic printed mask etching. This is step 1/3 for a project called "annoying USB thingie" which will execute pre-defined keystrokes by sneaking a tiny USB dongle onto a victim^h^h^h^h^h buddy's computer.
- 2008-09-13: Processing Workshop — Learn this very easy-to-use programming language! - Processing Workshop Report
- 2008-02-16: Brain Machine Making Workshop: Our first hardware sprint!
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Events"
The following 155 pages are in this category, out of 155 total.
- Nanaloop Tutorial
- Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball
- Noisebridge Gaming Archivists
- Noisebridge Koruza event
- Noise~ Wednesday
- Science For Juggalos
- Sewing Project Night
- Soldering Workshop
- Soylent Workshop
- Stupid Hackathon 2
- Stupid Hackathon 3
- Stupid Hackathon 4
- Stupid Hackathon 5
- Stupid Hackathon 6
- Stupid Hackathon 7
- Sunday Morning iOS Peer Lab Meetup
- Sunday Streets
- Sunday Streets August 21
- Sunday Streets July 10
- Surface Mount Soldering Workshop