Consensus Items History

From Noisebridge
Revision as of 06:57, 25 September 2019 by Pyconaut (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

This page acts as a record of consensus decisions, both for measures approved and blocked.

The Current Consensus Items page is the public record of consensus items to be decided on.

Date               Proposed by Wording Decision Author of this Record
Proposed-09/10/19 Concensed- 09/24/19 Ryan Sternlicht
  • Noisebridge is currently negotiating a new lease, and it needs to be approved very soon,
  • here is some info on the current discussion
  • Tyler-One priority I have is removing the elevator clause from the lease. As it stands, NoiseBridge is responsible for 100% of the first $10,000 of repairs, and then 50% thereafter. There is no upper limit to the potential cost here. We are currently being billed $10,000 for the last elevator repair.
  • Tyler-For the month of September, Brian has told us to continue to pay $6,500
  • Tyler-My original request was a 5 year lease, same rate, without the elevator clause) but Brian was not interested.
  • Tyler-His response was $7,250 to remove the elevator fee. I countered at $7.0k
  • Tyler-He replied with $7,000 for a 2 year lease without the elevator cost.
  • Tyler-I asked for more then 2 years. Brian responded with 3 years at $7,100 / month.
  • Tyler-As it stands, I have countered with $7,000 for 2 years with a 2 year option at $7,250.
  • Per Jarrod - it is really hard to justify large future costs (Zoning fee, sprinklers / second egress, etc.) if we are potentially limited by a short lease. I'd like to push for a longer term lease, but it would likely come with additional rent hikes.
  • Looking for any and all opinions.
  • I think we should decide whether to approve the board and treasurer to finalize and approve a new lease as soon as we get terms that are favorable to the general noisebridge community
Concensed Ryan Sternlicht
Proposed-09/10/19 Concensed- 09/24/19 Ryan Sternlicht
  • Our laser cutter is broken, we need a new tube
  • a new tube costs around 1400 dollars, should we spend noisebridge money to buy a new tube
  • we use the machine a lot, and we should discuss if we want the 100 watt or 150 watt tube replacment
  • I think we should decide and then approve the purchase of a new laser tube.
Concensed Ryan Sternlicht
6/04/19 Tyler Maran Sign Lease for 668 Guerrer St.

Noisebridge signs lease for 668 Guerrero St.

Provisional Lease

Video Tour
7,500 sqft (~50% increase from 5,200sqft at current)
Ground floor entrance with garage door. ADA accessible. Concrete floors.
Noisebridge would rent the entire building.
Option to purchase (at $4.0mln startingin 2020 + 3.0% step up/yr thereafter) for the duration of the lease term.
2.5 blocks from current NoiseBridge location. No disruption in Mission community. Still easy access to BART.
Cleaner block and sidewalk
Early move-in clause provides free rent from lease-signing date till lease-start date of 8//1/2019
$10,000/mo for year 1.
$1,000/mo rent step-ups per year (up to $13,000/mo in 4th year).
Purchase option costs $10,000 first year, then $20,000 years 2 and 3.
$1.33/sqft/mo is a good below market rate, but a $3,500/mo increase from our current location in first year
Total cost for lease over 4 years: $552,000 + $50,000 in Options = $602,000
Renovations are expected to cost $50,000 in the first year, broker fees and other licensing expected to cost around $10,000
First year outlay: $205,000 = $120,000 in rent, $15,000 security, $20,000 fees and options, $50,000 renovations
Note this is $80,000 above our current yearly revenue, meaning we will draw $80,000 from saving, plus any additional moving or unexpected costs, and does not cover any operating expenses like utilities and other
We need more expert guidance around the permitting and zoning of 668 Guerrero in order to make an informed decision.
Current permitting issues put 2169 occupancy at risk for $92,000, though Perkins Coie is reviewing Pro-bono
Without clear plan to avoid fees, 668 Guerrero may be at similar, though lower cost, risk
Our Perkins Coie advisor will come back at the 6/18/2019 meeting to share her findings.
Noisebridge is reviewing current draft to make sure it is in line with Noisebridge Priorities
The property value is struck at $4,000,000, and we should be sure that price is worth $50,000 in options.
Withdrawn Matt A.
2018-10-23 r 30-day daytime access to the space through the RFID access control system can be activated by Philanthropists (but the right for a philanthropist to give daytime access is granted by a member). Consensed r
2018-10-16 r There shall hence forth be an "oh shit period" that occurs the two weeks after a being has become a Noisebridge member. During this so called "oh shit period", any member may express that they wished to block or wish to block this member from continuing to be a member. Upon the public declaration (e.g. mailing list, general slack channel, etc.) of this "oh shit" by a member, the member in the "oh shit period" will not any longer be a member. If they were a philanthropist or other role previously, they may retain that role at the "oh shit"ing member's discretion. Consensed r
2018-09-11 @beka Hire SK: Noisebridge will hire Scandiuzzi Krebs for fundraising w/ a cost of up to $29,000 (per their highest estimated price). The Fundraising WG will then be responsible for interfacing w/ them to organize further. Consensed @beka
August 08, 2018 @mcscope Noisebridge shall establish a Discretionary Fund in order to reimburse people for small purchases that help the space.

Guidelines for the discretionary fund

  • Spend it like it's your own money (as judiciously as you would spend your own money)
  • On things that the space needs to be clean, organized, smoothly operating, safe, etc

Examples of things that would be appropriate for the discretionary fund:

  • toilet paper,
  • broom,
  • shelves/drawers,
  • exterminator
  • new bulb for projector,
  • low-cost useful tools,
  • reasonable consumables

Examples of things that may not be appropriate:

  • Brand new pieces of machinery that cost several hundred dollars
  • Items to support an individual person project

Since this inherently involves judgement calls, there should be a discretionary fund working group that shall use little-c consensus to decide if a given expense should be reimbursed.

The discretionary fund shall start with a value of 1000$ immediately. After we spend that and get a sense of the likely monthly budget, we can make a consensus item to fill it up every month

consensed; do-ocracry for similar further proposals discussed R
July 25, 2018 Beka NB Should Get a Credit Card: Noisebridge will acquire a credit card, and precisely which one will be determined by little-c consensus. The treasurer shall be responsible for the final signup process. Considered do-ocratic by the meeting; withdrawn Beka
June 15 2018 Lady Red Equipment fund refill: Noisebridge shall move 5000$ from the general fund to the equipment fund in order to refill it. Consensed Beka
May 29, 2018 John Shutt Noisebridge will pay for one additional garbage and recycling bins from Recology out of the general fund. Consensed John Shutt
May 22, 2018 John Shutt Text here: Withdrawn John Shutt
May 22, 2018 John Shutt Noisebridge has a $500 budget per month to pay for regular professional cleaning. Withdrawn John Shutt
27 March 2018 Lady Red Initial payment for Professional Fundraiser: Noisebridge authorizes the treasurer to pay the firm Scandiuzzi Krebs $4,000 to conduct a discovery and build a fundraising plan for Noisebridge. Consensed @augur
13 March 2018 @augur Modify the safe space policy as follows:

Replace the word "member" in the last line with "community participant". The line changes from this:

 "People violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the space or the event at the discretion of any Noisebridge member."

to this:

 "People violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the space or the event at the discretion of any Noisebridge community participant."

The purpose of this change is to bring the wording of the consensus proposal in line with the original intent of the proposal, from when the notion of "member" was different, and in line with current practice.

Consensed @augur

2018-03-06 Lizzie Update anti-harrasment policy by adding a second paragraph with the following text: In addition, we ask users of Noisebridge to keep in mind the relative social standing of different groups in the United States today. We don't hold that so-called "reverse racism", "misandry", "heterophobia", or "cisphobia" carry the same amount of harm as genuine racism, sexism, &c. Individual Noisebridge members and the Noisebridge community may refuse to act on complaints of harassment or discrimination like this. Full updated text with notes Consensed R
2018-03-06 Originally John Shutt (pemulis), consensed text from Bfb 1. The board officers of Noisebridge may enter into loan agreements, building purchase negotiations, and lease negotiations in the interest of acquiring a suitable building to be our permanent home. This authorization lasts until a permanent home has been secured, or until Noisebridge has either renewed the 2169 Mission St lease or signed a new lease.

2. The Board Officers shall keep a log of non-sensitive information stemming from the authorizations above to be published as a “note” on the #the-board, a Noisebridge wiki page, and the Noisebridge discuss mailing list, at a minimum interval of every 2 weeks.

3. In the event that a purchase or lease decision is required in under two weeks, a special meeting may be called with at minimum 24 hours notice to form a special consensus on the lease or purchase decision. The meeting will occur at Noisebridge and provide a mechanism (e.g. Google Hangout) for remote participation. A link will be provided to remote in the 3 channels described above.

Consensed R
2017.10.17 User:Zach Establish an Elevator Repair Fund. Proposed on 10.3.2017 Originally as "small-c" and later on 10.10.2017. Establish a fund for repair and maintenance of the Noisebridge Elevator. The fund established and agreed upon should be a minimum of $400 per year drawn from the Noisebridge General Fund. The funds are to be used for 2 purposes: 1) To hire professional repair person(s) and 2) To pay for parts needed for the Elevator to be safe and 100% functional. The funds are not to be used to pay Noisebridge members who wish to do repairs. Consensed User:Zach
2017.6.13 User:samlanning Establish the Thomas J Shutt Memorial Foundation Consensed User:patrickod
2017.05.15 User:robbintt Philanthropist status no longer expires when a monthly donation is not made. Noisebridge philanthropist status no longer expires if a monthly donation is no longer made. Instead, the philanthropist goes into hiatus where they neither pay dues nor have any properties of the Philanthropist role. Philanthropist status can be revoked as normal even while on hiatus. Consensed User:samlanning
2017.05.15 User:robbintt Define Propagation of Access Tokens. Active Members and Philanthropists may have 24-hour access to Noisebridge through the RFID access control system. 30-day daytime access to the space through the RFID access control system can be activated by Members. 30-day daytime access to the space through the RFID access control system can be renewed by members and philanthropists. Consensed User:samlanning
January 3, 2017 John Shutt aka pemulis SF All City Fiscal Sponsorship - The Bay Area is in the midst of massive change. Whether it is the rising political power of technology companies, the fundamental reshaping of the city through construction, or the evolving stance of the region towards the federal government, understanding San Francisco and its surroundings is a key part of understanding the broader political environment we live in. In the midst of this, the region is lacking nimble, well-resourced journalistic efforts to expose the political mechanics going on below the surface of these changes, and bring detailed coverage to a broader audience.

In 2017, we are seeking to raise money to try a small experiment in community-supported journalism. San Francisco All City (SFAC) is envisioned as a muckraking publisher focused on the intricacies of Bay Area politics, a book club with its own dedicated investigative journalism unit, and a force for increased transparency and reform in local government, all wrapped into one.

Noisebridge will act as a fiscal sponsor for SFAC, directed by John Shutt, for a six month trial period starting in February 2017. SFAC plans to raise $54,000 and donate $2,500 for fiscal sponsorship. SFAC will donate 5% of any additional money raised to Noisebridge's general fund. SFAC may seek consensus to renew fiscal sponsorship at the end of the six month trial if things go well.

SFAC plans to purchase film and audio recording equipment and hardware for video editing, and may seek a separate consensus proposal for a matching grant from the equipment fund, in which case the equipment would live at Noisebridge and be available for general use by the community.

Withdrawn User:robbintt
June 21, 2016 John Shutt Noisebridge can serve as a fiscal sponsor for projects led by members of the Noisebridge community, accepting grant money and donations to our bank account and passing it along to the leaders of the projects, who will not be considered employees of Noisebridge.

All projects must be led by people who contribute or have contributed to the Noisebridge community in a meaningful way.

Projects must be in line with Noisebridge’s mission to promote and encourage technical, scientific, and artistic skills through individual projects, social collaboration, and education.

Projects that have a military purpose or police purpose, or intend to seek funding from any branch of the military or police, will not be accepted.

Project leaders must be comfortable with the Noisebridge community knowing how much money their project has on hand, since it will be read out at weekly meetings during the treasurer’s report.

We should subject project proposals to rigorous controls and close scrutiny, similar to membership applications. Every project proposed for fiscal sponsorship must be submitted for full Capital-C Consensus, with an executive summary posted online, and any member can block consensus without needing to propose an alternative.

New projects are expected to have specific time limits on the length of their fiscal sponsorship, such as six months to a year, at which point project managers must get consensus to extend fiscal sponsorship. Projects such as Noisetor which have been found to be successful over long periods may seek indefinite fiscal sponsorship.

Projects that violate Noisebridge's mission, accept military or police funding, spend money directly on political campaigns, operate as a for-profit enterprise, embezzle funds, or threaten Noisebridge's 501(c)(3) status will have their fiscal sponsorship automatically revoked. Fiscal sponsorship can also be revoked by consensus of the membership, excluding participants and recipients.

The administrative fee charged by Noisebridge for acting as a fiscal sponsor will be 5% of all money raised through donations and grants, the same rate charged to Noisetor, the first and so far only outside project fiscally sponsored by Noisebridge. This is the low end of what nonprofits charge for fiscal sponsorship and is intended to cover extra overhead costs Noisebridge is taking on.

Noisebridge does not have any paid staff and does not intend to hire any. We may, however, need to pay for additional legal and accounting services from contractors, which should be covered by the 5% administrative fee. Recipients of grant money and donations through fiscal sponsorship may be legally considered contractors of Noisebridge, depending on the amount of money raised and how it is used.

Any money left over from the 5% administrative fee after paying for legal and accounting services will go into Noisebridge’s general fund.

Consensed John Shutt
June 21, 2016 User:tdfischer
 WHEREAS: Jacob Appelbaum is a founder and former member of Noisebridge; and
 WHEREAS: Harassment, emotional abuse, unwanted sexual contact, and other
 non-consensual behaviors are entirely unacceptable from a member or participant of the
 Noisebridge community; and
 WHEREAS: It is the intent of Noisebridge to create an inclusive and
 harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender
 identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance,
 body size, race, religion, housing status, or language; and
 WHEREAS: Jacob Appelbaum has demonstrated a long-term pattern of
 harassment, unwanted sexual contact, and non-consensual behavior with members of
 the greater hacker community; now, therefore be it
 CONSENSED: Jacob Appelbaum is banned permanently from the space due to
 his long-term patterns of harassment, unwanted sexual contact, and
 non-consensual behavior entirely unacceptable from a member of the Noisebridge
 community. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in
 the community; and may it be
 FURTHER CONSENSED: This ban is considered a safe-space ban for the
 purposes of outstanding reciprocal ban agreements that Noisebridge has
 established with other existing hackerspaces
Consensed User:tdfischer
2015-07-02 Mitch That Noisebridge Unban Lee Sonko Consensed Patrick
2015-06-09 User:Rubin110 That Noisebridge create a Philanthropist role that grants 24/7 access to the space accompanied by a monthly donation. Consensed Patrick
2015-03-03 Kevin 2015 Board Election process - That Board nominations be due March 17th 2015, and the election will conclude April 14th. The deadline for submitting a vote will be April 14th 7PM PDT, and that we will use the approval voting method. User:bfb Kevin will be the electioneer. Consensed Patrick
2014-12-09 User:Kevin RFID keys may be distributed in order to grant users access to Noisebridge. Keys should be seeded at the whim of the makers of the RFID access control system. Distributors of the keys should have the ability to distribute keys with two permissions: One permission grants actual access, the other permission grants the ability to distribute new keys with one or both permissions. Withdrawn User:Jarrod
2014-10-07 Kevin Allocating all funds for AV equipment. Let's allocate funds to buy Rubin's list of AV equipment Consensed Patrick
2014-11-04 User:Tdfischer Revoke Consensus Proposal(s) that create(s) Associate Membership. Associate Membership confuses everyone and serves no purpose. Let it die. Consensed User:Nthmost
2014-09-09 Torrie If the Sudo Room hackerspace in Oakland bans a person from their space for reasons of safety, that person is not welcome at Noisebridge unless explicitly welcomed by the community. Consensed John Shutt
2014-06-24 Dan F What was consensed as
 Noisebridge's space shall be open only to members and associate members
 at any time. A member or associate member may at any time invite a person
 into Noisebridge and host that person at Noisebridge as long as that
 member or associate member remains at Noisebridge. No other person shall
 be permitted at Noisebridge at any other time.

should be changed to

 Noisebridge should be "as open as possible" ...
Consensed John Shutt
2014-05-27 Jeffrey via Jake What was consensed as
 "Noisebridge's space shall be open only to members and associate members
 at any time. A member or associate member may at any time invite a person
 into Noisebridge and host that person at Noisebridge as long as that
 member or associate member remains at Noisebridge. No other person shall
 be permitted at Noisebridge at any other time."

should be changed to

 "Noisebridge is open to Members, Associate Members, and guests sponsored
 by same, at all times.  Any person who is not one of the above may be
 asked to leave if no Member or Associate Member present wishes to sponsor
 them at that time, with no other justification being necessary.
 People coming to Noisebridge who don't know anyone should be introduced
 to members who are present so that sponsorship can occur if members
 present choose to do so at that time.  Noisebridge should present itself
 as "open to public visitors and guests as often as possible"
Blocked Jeffrey
2014-05-27 Naomi Members should not be forced to identify themselves on the public wiki. NB has a paper Member folder for a good reason. The Secretary's primary job is to maintain the accuracy of the Member List; public (i.e. extra-Noisebridge) identification must not be required for the Secretary to do this job. Relevant consensus item passed at Meeting_Notes_2013_11_12 and begins with "It shall not a secret..." Consensed Naomi
2014-05-20 Monad Noisebridge should revert member dues to previous state. Consensed Kevin
2014-04-22 Naomi revert to Member / associate member structure for recognized forms of NB participation. (bureaucracy Pull Request #35) Condition: this decision in no way ratifies the language used in the Policy Manual in the bureaucracy repo. (reverse Consensus Item from 2014-02-04) Consensed Naomi
2014-04-08 General Un-ban RAYC Nope Kevin
2014-03-18 General Ban RAYC: Pull request. Rejected Tom
2014-03-18 Tom Publish member list in our policies git repo. Github issue Rejected Tom
2014-03-11 Tom Ban Josh: Pull request. Rejected Tom
2014-03-11 John RAYC is instructed to take a break from NB. Therefore he is prohibited from entering the physical building of 2169 Mission st. until 2014-09-12. Consensus Tom
2014-03-11 Tom Robin Nöel is no longer a member of the Noisebridge Council. Consensus Tom
2014-03-04 N0_Hat Kyle, Johnny, and Kara are unwelcome at Noisebridge. They are prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. Consensus Tom
2014-03-04 N0_Hat Ban Robin - Ban Robin from the space for reoccurring pattern of abusive behavior. pull request The proposal to ban Robin was suspended when he promised to stay away from Noisebridge until invited back. Tom
2014-02-18 Robin Ban Pidgeon -- Pidgeon is unwelcome at Noisebridge. They are prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. Deferred in favor of a six-week do-ocratic ban agreed between Ron and Pigeon. Tom
2014-02-18 Tom Ban Lee Sonko -- Reversed 2015-7-7 Consensed Tom
2014-02-04 Tom Git repo for policy -- The canonical location for Noisebridge policies and processes shall be a git repository. The canonical process to modify these policies and processes shall be the merging of a proposed changed version. The desicion to merge a patch shall be made by Noisebridge's consensus process. The most recent version of all such policies and procedures shall also be posted at an appropriate page on the Noisebridge wiki. It shall be the responsibility of the Secretary to operate and maintain this system. Consensed Tom
2014-02-04 Tom Lowenthal Membership renaming -- Renaming the category “Noisebridge Members” to the “Noisebridge Council”, and renaming the category “Associate Members” to “Noisebridge Members”. This change extends not only to our operations, but also to our bylaws, so that the effect is only a change of name but does not change the rights or privileges of any person or category of people. Repealed 2014-04-22 Consensed Tom Lowenthal
2014-02-04 Tom No changes to consensus proposals -- Proposals shall only be elegible to reach consensus in a weekly meeting in the exact form that they were agreed at a previous weekly meeting. Items shall not be elegible for consensus unless they were recorded on the Current Consensus Items page on the Noisebridge wiki before 24 hours have passed after the end of the weekly meeting in which they were proposed. If a proposal is modified at a weekly meeting, it shall not be elegible for consensus at that meeting. Consensed Tom
2014-01-21 Al "Noisebridge will pay a service to recharge all the fire extinguishers in the space and/or purchase new fire extinguishers, and buy smoke/CO detectors for the space. We will need about a dozen working fire extinguishers for the space. NB will also allocate $200.00 per year, with an initial cost not to exceed $300.00 initial cost." Consensed Jarrod
2014-01-07 Tom Adopt the draft anti-harassment policy in its current form in the git repo. Consensus Tom
2014-01-07 Danny O'Brien That the Tuesday Meeting be moved to 7pm, to limit fatigue and encourage new attendees. Consensed Al
2013-12-17 Danny O'Brien That the Tuesday Meeting be streamed in audio when possible, with the aim of encouraging online involvement. By the consensus of those present, the meeting may be limited to those in the space for privacy reasons. The responsibility for streaming will be that of the secretary. Consensus Tom
2013-12-10 Tom It is the responsibility of all users of Noisebridge (guests, Members, and Associate Members) to contribute to Noisebridge as they are able. An individual's contribution should be proportionate with that person's use of Noisebridge and its resources. A reasonable monetary contribution from a member or associate member may be $80 per month, but it is each person's responsibility to determine what contribution is reasonable for them. Repealed 2014-05-20 Consensus Tom
2013-11-26 Al Sweigart The "optional member dues" change to the 2013-10-15 "Associates Member" consensus item is a large enough change that discussion of the consensus item should have been extended so that members not in attendance could debate it. This consensus item invalidates the 2013-10-15 consensus item so that this discussion can take place and the membership can come to a consensus/block it. Blocked Al Sweigart
2013-11-12 Tom If a paper membership application has been in the binder for more than twelve weeks, that application should be discarded. If that person still wants to become a member, they must start the application process over from scratch. So say we all Tom
2013-11-12 Consenso If a member has not identified themself as such by adding the Category:Members to their wiki user page by $DATE, they shall no longer be a member of Noisebridge. Both Jakes object Tom
2013-11-12 Tom It shall not a secret whether a person is a Member of Noisebridge. It shall be the responsibility of each member to identify themself as a member by adding the Category:Members to their wiki user page. Until a Member so identifies, they shall not be entitled to any privilege of Noisebridge Membership. Likewise, if a member is on Membership/Hiatus, they must indicate this by adding the Category:Hiatus to their wiki user page; this method of so identifying shall replace any other notification requirement for going on and coming off hiatus. Although it shall generally be a responsibility shared by all members to ensure that this category of identification is used correctly, in cases where its use is disputed, Noisebridge's secretary shall be the final arbiter. So say we all Tom
2013-11-12 JC It should be possible to secure Noisebridge when not in use. Noisebridge should be secured when not in use. All Noisebridge Members and Associate Members should have access to Noisebridge. So say we all Tom
2013-11-05 Leif Revoke the previous two members-only consensus items are return Noisebridge to being a place where people are welcome to do excellent things without asking for permission from anyone. Blocked Jarrod
2013-11-05 Justin I officially propose that any large policy changes at Noisebridge or in Noisebridge policies require at least 10 members or 50 percent of the members (whichever is smaller) to be present at the meeting that decides it. Blocked Jarrod
2013-10-22 Monad Banning Pigeon OR Jake's amendment that Pigon stay away from Noisebridge for 2 months Sent to Mediation Jarrod
2013-10-22 Jake No Noisebridge member shall be entitled to full participation in the consensus process around a proposal to suspend that person's membership. If a member has been suspended, they shall no longer be considered a member of Noisebridge for any purpose, including but not limited to, full participation in the consensus process. Language updated via consensus on 2013 11 05 Consensed Tom
2013-10-15 Jake There shall be a new tier of membership, called an Associate Member. An associate member shall have all the rights and privileges of membership except that an associate member shall not be entitled to full participation in the consensus process. The process for becoming an associate member shall be the same as the process for becoming a member, except that four sponsors shall be required instead of two, and that it shall not require the consensus of Noisebridge for a person to become an associate member, but that the consensus of Noisebridge may reject an application for a person to become an associate member.

Noisebridge's space shall be open only to members and associate members at any time. A member or associate member may at any time invite a person into Noisebridge and host that person at Noisebridge as long as that member or associate member remains at Noisebridge. No other person shall be permitted at Noisebridge at any other time.

Neither members nor associate members shall be required to pay membership dues as a condition of such membership. Nonrequirement of dues-paying was repealed on 2014-05-20 -- Members pay dues, associate members do not.

Consensed Tom
2013-10-01 Rachel1.0 "Adam (Joseph Adam Moore) is unwelcome at Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community." Consensed Rachel1.0
2013-09-17 Hannah Adopt an anti-harassment policy, and post it on the wiki and a place of prominence in the space; this policy is in a trial period until the THIRD WEEK OF JANUARY 2014, at which point it should be put up for consensus again to extend it / make it permanent:

"Noisebridge is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of people at our events or space in any form. Sexual language and imagery should be only be used for positive purposes in accordance with best practices advocated by professional sex educators (if you’re not sure what those are, don’t do it). People violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the space or the event at the discretion of any Noisebridge member.

Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. People asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately."

Consensed Snail
2013-09-17 Norman Assign Norman as an "radio officer" to obtain an FRN from the FCC. Consensed Snail
2013-09-10 SuperQ Noisebridge should not renew our lease when it expires. Noisebridge should also seek to exit the lease as soon as possible. Blocked Jarrod
2013-09-10 Adam Harvey is unwelcome at Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. Consensed Jarrod
2013-09-10 Ryan Chris aka Raging Bull should be banned permanently from the space after physically assaulting a member of the Noisebridge community. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community.. Consensed Jarrod
2013-09-10 Cynthia People should have to reveal financial conflicts of intrest during community discussion. Not Consensed Jarrod
2013-09-10 Pidgeon Ban Dru from Noisebridge until there can be a confirmation that he does not jeopardize Noisebridge as a safespace Blocked Jarrod
27-August-2013 Rayc Robert proposes a person must have at least a minimum of one active project to be at Noisebridge Retracted Jarrod
13-August-2013 Monad The cost of dump runs be automatically payed. A minimum of 2 members must approve and a total of 4 or more people must be involved. Not to exceed $200.00 in a month and a receipt must be provided to the treasurer. Consensed Jarrod
13-August-2013 Johny Radio To change to meeting discussion process by giving the current speaker opportunity to make direct response to direct responses directed at themself at the discretion of the moderator by way of an agreed upon signal Not Consensed Jarrod
13-August-2013 James Reimburse Monad ($63) for dump-run, and reimburse James ($81) for kitchen supplies from Discount Builders. Consensed
30-July-2013 Martin Brandon is unwelcome at Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. Consensed Danny
23-July-2013 Cynthia Noisebridge disallow use of poisons to control insects and other animals in favor of using diatomaceous earths and other materials benign to large animals for a period of time no less than four months, and if results are favorable, for continued sets of four months with reviews comparing with measurements to be taken this month of July 2013. Not Consensed Jarrod
23-July-2013 Unlisted "Mark ${cheesecake incident} O' Neil is unwelcome at Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. Consensed Jarrod
23-July-2013 Monad From now until October 1, if any person at Noisebridge requests that any non-service animal leave Noisebridge, the human responsible for that animal should remove it from the space immediately. Consensed Jarrod
23-July-2013 Leif Michael "Occupirate" Clift is unwelcome at Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. Consensed Jarrod
9-July-2013 Leif Michael "Occupirate" Clift is unwelcome at Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. Approved, Cautiously Jarrod
9-July-2013 Jake Noisebridge pay back the landlord for the cost of Tony's escape, and not to even consider re-admitting Tony until he pays us back for that. Approved Jarrod
9-July-2013 Tom Tony Longshanks LeTigre is unwelcome at Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. Approved Jarrod
9-July-2013 Jake The door button at the top of the stairs shall be replaced with a numeric keypad. Only those with valid codes can remotely open the door. This change shall be extensively communicated before it is implemented. This change will be implemented for two months, and in two months will be up for permanent consensus. Approved Jarrod
4-June-2013 Mitch Purchase 133 more Noisebridge T-shirts for $989.29 from Eastbay Screen Print.
Purchase 3,000 small and 3000 large Noisebridge stickers for $775.08 from StickerGiant.
Approved Jarrod
2013-05-28 Casey That Scud and Chrissy are are barred from Noisebridge. They are prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. Approved Dan F
2013-04-16 Kevin The treasurer SHOULD open a checking account for Noisebridge at a local credit union, possibly the San Francisco Fire Credit Union, and begin using it as Noisebridge's primary bank account. The current Wells Fargo account should be deprecated and eventually canceled when it is no longer in use. Approved Leif
2013-03-12 Tom We recommend to the board that they select Danny to be Treasurer, Tom to be Secretary, and Snail to be President for 2013. Approved Ken
2013-03-19 Tom We will reimburse Mitch up to $1000 to replenish our t-shirt supply. Approved Snail
2013-03-19 Tom Shawn Landden (photo) is barred from Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. (Here is some context and here is more context.) Approved Snail
2013-01-29 So say we all We have agreed the slate for the 2013 board elections. Approved Tom
2013-01-29 Danny It is the consensus of Noisebridge that Danny send the DreamworksReply on Noisebridge's behalf. Approved Tom
2013-01-29 Leif It is the consensus of Noisebridge that Ping is authorised to send FOIA requests on behalf of Noisebridge for records related to Noisebridge. Approved Tom
2012-11-20 Danny Noisebridge officially joins the Open Wireless Movement Approved Tom
2012-11-06 Tom Noisebridge renews its lease on the 2169 Mission space, increasing our rent from $3600 to $3960. Approved Tom
2012-10-30 Martin I would like Noisebridge to purchase six units of Gorilla racks ($1200-$1800) to be membership shelves. Rejected in lieu of private collection. Tom
2012-10-16 Danny Tom Lowenthal should replace Danny as the secretary of Noisebridge Approved Leif
2012-07-31 Malaclyps It is consensus of Noisebridge that grant specified at Grants/tf2012 be accepted, and the money be used exclusively for paying operating expenses. Approved Malaclyps
2012-07-24 That Snail should be President of Noisebridge Approved Malaclyps
2012-06-19 MCT and Leif Noisebridge should extend the authorization of the Noisetor project indefinitely. Approved MCT
2012-06-12 Kelly Authorize Treasurer to grant Power of Attorney to the Noisebridge accountant for tax purposes Approved MCT
2012-06-05 (Meeting wording) Rob 2.0 (aka Dank) is barred from Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. Approved Danny
2012-05-22 Will That we extend the cleaning contract with Skyline Building Care for another six months. They come by at the end of each month, it costs $145 each month. Approved Will
2012-03-27 Kelly The treasurer is permitted to spend the money required to accept payments with anything other than PayPal, incorporating an initial startup fee not to exceed $400, followed by a monthly fee not to exceed $100. Approved Danny
2012-03-12 Miloh Request for up to $300.00 of Noisebridge funds to improve the electronics area infrastructure. Up to $300.00 would be allocated for the cost of material needed to build a 4th electronics bench, an equipment hutch for the bench, and a storage cabinet for the electronics tools at Noisebridge. Any direct donations to support this project would reduce the amount used from Noisebridge funds by an equal amount. Approved Danny
2012-03-06 SuperQ That Noisebridge reimburse Mr SuperQ for the remainder of the cost of the wire trays, after donations this week. (Wire trays cost $930, donations so far $100) Approved Will
2012-03-06 Mitch That Noisebridge reimburse Mitch for 6,000 Noisebridge stickers that he bought and paid for from Sticker Giant. 3,000 small Noisebridge stickers: $333.91 + 3,000 large Noisebridge stickers: $421.17 + shipping: $20 -- Total: $775.08 Approved Will
2012-02-14 Policy Wonks Adopt the Policy Wonks' proposed [codification of our consensus practices]. Approved Tom
2012-02-14 Policy Wonks Adopt the Policy Wonks' proposed [revisions to Hiatus]. Approved Tom
2012-01-31 Shannon That Noisebridge reimburse Mr Shannon for the remainder of the cost of $100 of new keys, after donations this week. Withdrawn after $100 donations were procured. Danny
2012-01-17 Policy Wonks Adopting the Policy Wonks' suggestion for membership expiry Approved Leif
2012-01-17 Policy Wonks Adopting the Policy Wonks' suggested clarification of the membership application process Approved Leif
2012-01-17 Policy Wonks Adopting the Policy Wonks' suggestions for how to be a Noisebridge member Approved Leif
2012-01-17 Leif Noisebridge should use the approval voting process for Board elections. Approved Leif
2012-01-17 Leif In the case of a tie between the election of Noisebridge board candidates, we will use a Roshambo tournament between said parties to decide. Approved Leif
2012-01-17 MCT Now that Noisetor has undergone a trial period of operation, Noisebridge should extend the authorization of the Noisetor project for another six months. Approved MCT
2012-01-17 Tom Matching funds for Noisetor donations should go to Noisetor. Approved MCT

2011-11-22 WSargent "Noisebridge pays money out of general funds for a cleaner for a continuing period of three months at a rate of $145 per month; additionally, Rob will do a bi-weekly declutter, coordinated with the arrival of the cleaning people, with lunch paid for by Rubin at a rate of $20 per session; additionally, Ben will clean at the opposite end of the monthly cycle from the cleaners, again coordinating with Rob." Approved Danny
2011-10-11 SuperQ "To spend an amount not to exceed $1000 net after rebate, on a $2000 float to pay a contractor to install more efficient lighting throughout Noisebridge" Approved Danny
2011-10-11 Consensus Be it the consensus of Noisebridge that the issue of banning Rob 2.0 (a.k.a. Dank) be deferred until either he or his advocate Mitch or Kelly, gives fair notice and attends a meeting. Until that time he is unwelcome at Noisebridge. Approved Tom
2011-09-13 Leif "Noisebridge shall order and pay $1500 for t-shirts." Approved Danny
2011-08-02 Andy For a trial period of six months, Noisebridge should sponsor an official project to provide Tor nodes, and accept donations earmarked for that purpose. (Noisebridge Tor Project writeup at the time of consensus) Approved MCT
2011-06-28 Danny That Noisebridge pays money out of general funds for a cleaner for a trial period of three months, to a maximum of $160 per month. Approved Danny
2011-05-31 Kelly That NB Make Eric Steinburg A Member Approved User:wsargent
2011-05-17 Shannon That NB make Danny O'B secretary Approved Danny
2011-04-05 Mitch Shall Noisebridge order and pay for 50 or 100 or 200 T-shirts to arrive before the San Francisco Maker Faire 21-May-2011? Approved - 200 Ben
2011-03-01 Al Sweigart To bar Patrick Keys (CitizenKeys) from entering the space and participating in the community. Approved Danny
2011-02-08 Mitch Mitch to spend $775 plus shipping on Noisebridge stickers. Approved Seth
2010-01-05 andy We should consense on what software to use, and the finer points of which form of condorcet to use. We decided to use the code that andy wrote. danny
2011-01-11 jof Nominations are open right now. Any regular member in good standing

may put a name forward for nomination for a spot on next year's board. If you fit this criteria and would like to make a nomination, please enter it on this wiki page ( ) along with your name, pseudonym, or wiki signature. - If you're not comfortable using the wiki, I will offer my self up as a proxy that you can contact to have your nomination listed on there. Please email ( ) or IM ( jabber: ) me with what you'd like listed. My GPG key is 0x8F8CAD3D

- Nominations will be open until 23:59 on Thursday, December 23rd 2010.

- After the list of candidates is finalized on the 23rd, we'll have some time to mull over our decision and talk with our peers about who's been nominated. Vote submission may also begin at this time.

- Any regular, dues-paying member in good standing may vote.

- Again, I'm willing to act as a proxy for vote submission.

- The mulling-it-over / early voting period ends on Tuesday, January 18th 2011

- On January 18th, 2011, voting will commence after our regular membership meeting. At this time, any remaining votes can be received. Closer to this date, I'll pick a deadline time for vote submission.

- After all the votes have been received, I will tally the votes and announce who has won.

- Ballots should be made in a ranked list of desired candidates. This ranked list will be tallied using the Condorcet method ( )

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions. Otherwise, please nominate whom you wish.

Approved Al Sweigart
2010-10-06 Hephaestus Proposition to ban Rubin Abdi from Noisebridge and all related services. Blocked Hephaestus
2010-10-12 Dr. Jesus Proposition to ban Sai from communicating with the press on matters regarding Noisebridge. Blocked Dr. Jesus