Current Consensus Items
This is a page for hosting consensus items currently under debate, with their formal wording.
Is your consensus item still drafty, in need of much revision, and not something that you think people already can more or less agree with? Perhaps it belongs on the Draft Consensus Items page, instead?
The Consensus Items History is the public record of consensus items that have been decided on in the past. Please move the records from the "Current" page to the "History" page once they've been approved/blocked.
|Date First Discussed XX Month, Year||Proposed By User||Informal Title||Summary||Author of this Record User|
|November 17, 2020||fnord||Capacity Cap at 272 Capp Under Construction and Further Restrictions in this Time of Contagion||
0) Respecting (recently updated) SF requirements relating to coronavirus pandemic, Noisebridge is temporarily closed for "business as usual". Whatever details, safe to say for the foreseeable future: no in-person "events" (classes, tours, parties, etc). And most activities related to the buildout should probably hold off for now - let's stick to Minimum Basic Operations to be on the safe side. Take a break folks!
1) Going forward, limit number of people indoors at 272 Capp to 3 downstairs and 3 upstairs - whenever knowledgeable volunteers can safely get back to work building out the new space. "Buddy System" to encourage effective social distancing, masks and like seriously - no more indoor dining ffs please enjoy your snacks and drinks outside thanks.
2) Knowledgeable Volunteers are encouraged to facilitate safe and productive use of the space. Knowledgeable Volunteers schedule work in advance and coordinate efforts as much as humanly possible. Knowledgeable Volunteers are best volunteers! Because they schedule in advance and don't mess around in the space too much! Knowledgeable Volunteers are welcome and will be supported in their relentless pursuit of excellence.
3) Prioritize some projects to safely open the the space for more participants, such as ventilation and making good use of the outdoor space. Allocate funds and encourage donations for these "phase zero" buildout expenses - for example might could budget $1000 for some of the fans and shop stuff (tbd, not going crazy with stuff here but should arrange to expedite any necessary purchases in the interest of Moving the Project Forward). Basic safety equipment such as fire extinguishers and exit lighting must be deployed as well, prior to other any other significant work being done by volunteers in the physical space.
4) Autoexpiration: Unless re-consensed after being in effect for 90 days, these extraordinary restrictions should be considered obsolete - and open to reasonable modifications at any point as things change. We should check in at least every 4 weeks to refresh details and reconfirm relevance. We can take it from there to increase capacity as conditions permit.
Anyway. This proposal for (formal) Consensus claims to reflect the current state of affairs and a rough consensus of volunteers working to build out the space. It's been going great so far and we'd like to keep it rocking - safely. Further suggestions, questions, support (and moar volunteers!) from the broader Noisebridge community would be most welcome at this point.