This is a page for hosting consensus items currently under debate, with their formal wording.
Is your consensus item still drafty, in need of much revision, and not something that you think people already can more or less agree with? Perhaps it belongs on the Draft Consensus Items page, instead?
The Consensus Items History is the public record of consensus items that have been decided on in the past. Please move the records from the "Current" page to the "History" page once they've been approved/blocked.
|Date First Discussed
||Author of this Record
||Approve New Lease When it is given to us
- Noisebridge is currently negotiating a new lease, and it needs to be approved very soon,
- here is some info on the current discussion
- Tyler-One priority I have is removing the elevator clause from the lease. As it stands, NoiseBridge is responsible for 100% of the first $10,000 of repairs, and then 50% thereafter. There is no upper limit to the potential cost here. We are currently being billed $10,000 for the last elevator repair.
- Tyler-For the month of September, Brian has told us to continue to pay $6,500
- Tyler-My original request was a 5 year lease, same rate, without the elevator clause) but Brian was not interested.
- Tyler-His response was $7,250 to remove the elevator fee. I countered at $7.0k
- Tyler-He replied with $7,000 for a 2 year lease without the elevator cost.
- Tyler-I asked for more then 2 years. Brian responded with 3 years at $7,100 / month.
- Tyler-As it stands, I have countered with $7,000 for 2 years with a 2 year option at $7,250.
- Per Jarrod - it is really hard to justify large future costs (Zoning fee, sprinklers / second egress, etc.) if we are potentially limited by a short lease. I'd like to push for a longer term lease, but it would likely come with additional rent hikes.
- Looking for any and all opinions.
- I think we should decide whether to approve the board and treasurer to finalize and approve a new lease as soon as we get terms that are favorable to the general noisebridge community
||Purchace new Laser Tube
- Our laser cutter is broken, we need a new tube
- a new tube costs around 1400 dollars, should we spend noisebridge money to buy a new tube
- we use the machine a lot, and we should discuss if we want the 100 watt or 150 watt tube replacment
- I think we should decide and then approve the purchase of a new laser tube.
UPDATE THIS CONSENSUS ITEM APPROPRIATELY.