Current Consensus Items
This is a page for hosting consensus items currently under debate, with their formal wording.
Is your consensus item still drafty, in need of much revision, and not something that you think people already can more or less agree with? Perhaps it belongs on the Draft Consensus Items page, instead?
The Consensus Items History is the public record of consensus items that have been decided on in the past. Please move the records from the "Current" page to the "History" page once they've been approved/blocked.
|Date First Discussed||Proposed By||Informal Title||Summary||Author of this Record|
|6/04/19||Tyler Maran||Move to Guerrero St.||Proposal for NoiseBridge to Move to 668 Guerrero St. before 8/31/2019.
NoiseBridge has the opportunity to move to 668 Guerrero St. at the termination of our Lease at 2169 Mission St.
Video tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7KKSp1VG-g Proposed lease terms: https://discuss.noisebridge.info/uploads/default/original/1X/3623c544753c732993b53a4104bc15a0f28e73d7.pdf
Benefits: - 7,500 sqft (~50% increase from 5,200sqft at current)
- Ground floor entrance with garage door. ADA accessible. Concrete floors.
- NoiseBridge would rent the entire building. No upstairs/downstairs neighbors.
- Option to purchase (at $4.0mln) for the duration of the lease term (locked in purchase prices are a good deal).
- 2.5 blocks from current NoiseBridge location. No disruption in Mission community. Still easy access to BART.
- More accessible street (Guerrero is much less sketchy than Mission)
- Early move-in clause gives us effectively 2 months of free rent for 2019 (access starts from lease signing - lease starts 8/01/19)
- $10,000/mo for year 1. $1.0k rent step-ups per year (up to $13.0k). This is a really good rate ($1.33/sqft/mo) but a $3.5k increase from our current location.
Please discuss and voice your opinion if we should move forward with the space to reach a consensus.