Current Consensus Items

From Noisebridge
Revision as of 21:29, 29 May 2020 by (talk | contribs) (moving lease consensus from current to history)
Jump to: navigation, search

This is a page for hosting consensus items currently under debate, with their formal wording.

Is your consensus item still drafty, in need of much revision, and not something that you think people already can more or less agree with? Perhaps it belongs on the Draft Consensus Items page, instead?

The Consensus Items History is the public record of consensus items that have been decided on in the past. Please move the records from the "Current" page to the "History" page once they've been approved/blocked.

Date First Discussed Proposed By Informal Title Summary Author of this Record
26 May 2020 (informally discussed meetings prior) Zach Closing Noisebridge during the COVID-19 Pandemic I am submitting the formalized closure of Noisebridge during Stage 1 and Stage 2 of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
With 98,980 cases and 3,884 deaths in California as of this writing, it is essential that Noisebridge stay closed in order not to further spread this virus in our communities.
SF's cases are still surging upward and the Mission neighborhood is tied for the highest area for positive cases.

With the exceptions of:

1. Consensed temporary use only to make PPE / life-saving medical equipment (following the safety orders outlined by the Governer:
2. Consensed moving to the new space (272 Capp Street) for Noisebridge's survival
3. Emptying out personal belongings from the space (1 person at a time)

I propose the physical location of Noisebridge (2169 Mission St.) be physically closed for all other functions. I support us to remain open virtually with classes, meetings, and other events happening online.

26 May 2020 (informally discussed meetings prior) Zach Limiting people at Noisebridge during the COVID-19 Pandemic I am submitting for consensus for limiting the number of people at Noisebridge during the Pandemic to no more than four (4) people in the space at any given time.

I think we should err on the side of caution and work to be safe, using the safety orders outlined by the Governer: as a bare minimum starting point.

Note, that this order recommends "physical distancing to the maximum extent possible."

26 May 2019 kinnard Wait to Consense on staying or moving Noisebridge should wait to consense on moving or not moving until after the community has had a chance to coalesce and have a meeting at Noisebridge in the interest of communal integrity and excellent process one way or the other.

The current situation is one of extreme entropy not business as usual. We are living through arguably the greatest crisis in living memory. This might be the most important decision in Noisebridge’s history, not one to be taken hastily. Several community members have voiced concerns about communication failures around Noisebridge’s real estate process thought the quarantine. The meeting format has changed. The meeting time changed. And we are not able to have normal Noisebridge meetings at Noisebridge. The board member primarily responsible for relations with the current landlord recently resigned. Noisebridge has not sufficiently explored options at 2169 Mission St. given the drastically changed circumstances on planet and in the SF Real Estate market. The situation improves to Noisebridge’s advantage if Noisebridge waits. The community really wants to stay in its home but sees this as an unattainable ideal.

19 May 2019 Kinnard, Eli, Silver Something Labs Partnership Something Labs is a non-profit that approached us about using our space to manufacture PPE. They need a space in SF to build hospital supplies to fight COVID-19. We’re seeking a Consensus to let them use our space while it is shut down. They only require tables and outlets in our space.

They are making and donating parts for PAPR devices and gowns to health centers in the Bay Area and nationwide with a focus on equity and social justice.