Customs and Traditions
(Updated page to be more accurate)
m (moved Policies and procedures to Customs and Traditions: This title better reflects the Noisebridge view on such matters.)
Revision as of 03:01, 2 January 2011
Believe it or not, Noisebridge has policies and procedures. They are called
"policies and procedures" because that's what every other organization calls them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Policies_and_procedures </p> <p>All of these policies and procedures exist for a reason. Some are legal requirements. Others are for everybody's safety. Some are just to prevent petty disputes and avoid misunderstandings.
Actually, this isn't quite accurate. Noisebridge does not have policies and procedures except that which is necessary to comply with California and Federal non-profit law. However, a number of customary behaviors which may at first look like policies and procedures have emerged over the several years of Noisebridge's existence. Some of them are below. (Aestetix 09:59, 2 January 2011 (UTC))
- USE OF THE SPACE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- If you don't know what you're doing and it could threaten anybody's safety (not just yours!), DON'T DO IT!
- Two complete first aid kits exist - both in the hall across from the kitchen.
- About 6 working fire extinguishers are scattered throughout the space.
- The black Cisco phone between the black payphone and red payphone makes outgoing phone calls. Pick up the receiver, dial 9, then the 7-digit phone number.
- Warn anybody nearby before attempting anything potentially dangerous.
- Shoes must be worn at all times when walking anywhere at Noisebridge.
- Eye protection must be worn when working with anything mechanical that could result in any type of projectile.
- An apron should be worn when working in the kitchen or with items that could stain or damage clothing.
- No smoking is allowed inside Noisebridge, be it tobacco, marijuana, DMT, salvia divinorum, or otherwise.
- Clean up spills and slippery floors immediately.
- Make sure the gate is fully closed and locked when entering or leaving the building.
Pretend we actually agree on some procedures here.