Customs and Traditions
Believe it or not, Noisebridge has policies and procedures. They are called
"policies and procedures" because that's what every other organization calls them:
All of these policies and procedures exist for a reason. Some are legal requirements. Others are for everybody's safety. Some are just to prevent petty disputes and avoid misunderstandings.
- USE OF THE SPACE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- If you don't know what you're doing and it could threaten anybody's safety (not just yours!), DON'T DO IT!
- Two complete first aid kits exist - both in the hall across from the kitchen.
- About 6 working fire extinguishers are scattered throughout the space.
- The black Cisco phone between the black payphone and red payphone makes outgoing phone calls. Pick up the receiver, dial 9, then the 7-digit phone number.
- Warn anybody nearby before attempting anything potentially dangerous.
- Shoes must be worn at all times when walking anywhere at Noisebridge.
- Eye protection must be worn when working with anything mechanical that could result in any type of projectile.
- An apron should be worn when working in the kitchen or with items that could stain or damage clothing.
- No smoking is allowed inside Noisebridge, be it tobacco, marijuana, DMT, salvia divinorum, or otherwise.
- Clean up spills and slippery floors immediately.
- Make sure the gate is fully closed and locked when entering or leaving the building.
Pretend we actually agree on some procedures here.