Customs and Traditions
Believe it or not, Noisebridge has policies and procedures. They are called
"policies and procedures" because that's what every other organization calls them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Policies_and_procedures </p> <p>All of these policies and procedures exist for a reason. Some are legal requirements. Others are for everybody's safety. Some are just to prevent petty disputes and avoid misunderstandings.
Actually, this isn't quite accurate. Noisebridge does not have policies and procedures except that which is necessary to comply with California and Federal non-profit law. However, a number of customary behaviors which may at first look like policies and procedures have emerged over the several years of Noisebridge's existence. Some of them are below. (Aestetix 09:59, 2 January 2011 (UTC))
- USE OF THE SPACE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- If you don't know what you're doing and it could threaten anybody's safety (not just yours!), DON'T DO IT!
- Two complete first aid kits exist - both in the hall across from the kitchen.
- About 6 working fire extinguishers are scattered throughout the space.
- The black Cisco phone between the black payphone and red payphone makes outgoing phone calls. Pick up the receiver, dial 9, then the 7-digit phone number.
- Warn anybody nearby before attempting anything potentially dangerous.
- Please don't smoke anything inside Noisebridge, be it tobacco, marijuana, DMT, salvia divinorum, or otherwise. Someone may be allergic (and even if they aren't around now, they might arrive later on).
- Make sure the gate is fully closed and locked when entering or leaving the building.
Links for things like membership and taking out the garbage can go here.