Darkroom/BW Film Development
- In complete darkness, roll your film into a tank.
- Turn on safelight or house lights, as your paranoia permits.
- Rinse film by filling tank with water a couple times.
- Measure out developer according to chart A and bring it to a given temperature, and measure out stop solution.
- Add developer to tank and agitate it for a given amount of time, also according to chart A.
- Pour developer down drain or into a separate jug according to reusability of product.
- Add stop solution to tank. Rinse, agitate or soak for 30 sec - 2 min, according to your philosophy.
- Pour stop bath back into original jug. (we will have to periodically make a fresh stop bath)
- Rinse step with plain water. (at this point you can take your time and expose the film to light if you need to)
- Measure and add fixer.
- Return fixer to fix jug. (again, periodic refreshment of jug contents is necessary)
- Rinse step. Add water to tank and agitate gently. Here's the important part:
- Pour water from fix rinse into Special Disposal Jug.
- Hypo or Flo or unicorn semen or whatever you use to cleanse and protect your film.
- Drying and praying against the anti-dust gods.