Darkroom Meeting October 20th, 2009
- Note taker:
Making the darkroom dark
- Review of the plan listed on the wiki, get folks to take ownership, order of when things to do, set hard dates.
- current plan is to use blackout curtains, and build in a fan which will vent out into greater 2169 for now, and then we hope someone can help us pipe it somewhere.
- Mitch and Jeffrey are willing to help with our money matters.
Equipment acquisition and organization
- there's been talk of this digital printer, which I suspect will be settled in the standard do-ocratic (or not-do-ocratic) manner, but which may merit some meatspace discussion.
- Several poorer photographers have been lusting after a film scanner. We've found some options in the $400-600 range. We'll also likely cast about for donations. I think that a flatbed scanner in good shape that works with something other than Windows would be
- We have a color enlarger, but can't actually print color without print development equipment. In theory we can do this is baths like BW printing, but I think it's pretty finicky. I'll post this in a separate thread on the list.
Darkroom items and floor plan
- Table and filing cabinet dimensions should get documented somewhere.
- I would like to digitize the dorkroom floorplan and get that on the wiki, for posterity.
- there's been talk of Xrays and pinhole cameras and polaroids and making our own film. Sometime soon I'd like to see some photography-themed workshops. Incidentally, is there a name for our group? I have been using Darkroom crew, Dorkroom crew, and Darkbridge interchangeably (in the latter case, "greater 2169" is referred to as "Noiseroom").
- When should we have our next meeting?