|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | (Edit)|
|Guilds | Meta | Code | Electronics | Fabrication | Games | Sewing | Music | AI | Neuro | Philosophy | Funding | Art | Security | Ham | Brew | Edit|
|Art | Artbridge | Decorating Noisebridge | NoiseCanvas | Posters | Wall Art | LED Art | LED Signage | Projection | Payphone | Edit|
Doing Doocratic Art Excellently
These are some suggestions on ways to do art both doocratically and excellently by asking around for input.
- If you have an idea for excellent art, share your idea with others.
- Put together a description and concept art and post it here under proposed art projects.
- Post a link to Noisebridge-discuss
- Share it on the Slack and Discord channels like #general, #hackitorium and #art.
- Show it to random people and solicit feedback
- Show others who may want to help make your art or do more art inspired by what you're doing
If your art is non-permanently installable (hung from a wall rather than painted directly on it), great!
- you can put it up with some asking around for feedback in a place that seems excellent.
If your art is permanently altering the space (painted on a wall for example), discuss!
- Post your idea proposal to the mailing list so people have time to understand what you want to do.
- Do people like the idea? Get opinions on the best place to install the art.
- What things will happen in the location? (Will shelves be moved that could cover your art up?)
- Can art inspire people doing activities at a location? (Tesla overlooks numerous oscilloscopes.)
- Does it need to be a mural or could you hang it for increased longevity when the space is rearranged?
- Does what you're doing fit the description you gave or has it scope creeped into something different than what people expect?
- Do-acracy requires following our one rule: Be excellent to each other!
- Being excellent means not going ahead and doing something you think others may object to.
- But if it seems others would be fine with it, then, do it!
- If, along the way (or after), you find that there are objections, then you have to be willing to undo it.
- And the people with objections should be willing to help. (Assuming the artist acted in good faith.)
- That's Do-acracy, in action. As we've seen it at Noisebridge since it's beginning.
- In the event that paint needs to be removed, Goof-off spray], a few minutes to soften up and a metal spatula can scrape off most kinds of canned paint.