|This article seems to be really old or very much out of date, and may contain wrong info.
Wiki-tip: You can check its history to see when it was last edited.
DefCON 17 will run from July 30 - Aug 2nd 2009 at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas. Although rooms are being advertised at $89/night, at this time a call to hotel reservation line shows that the Riviera is nearly full-up and that there are very few rooms left at that price.
Proposals for DefCON meetup. The Toxic BBQ is Thursday night, and might be a good meetup place. We might also consider meeting up somewhere where all of us can hack/play/decompress/etc.
general pinging of each other at random for food, wandering, drinking, and relaxing is encouraged. mingle freely.
We'll probably be using #nbdc for noisebridge-specific ramblings and "hey anyone else want to go to peppermill for food?" on twitter.
(Feel free to not list yourself if you don't want your name on a public page but then we can't find you can we?)
Who is going?
Martyn: Flying in on the 29th, staying at the Riv, checked in (6322) : Google Voice# (954) 633-2372
ceren: driving out, arrival thursday. Riviera room 1804, Monte Carlo Tower, aim : cereaphic 650-283-3379 @cerephic
ieatlint - room 5633, Monaco towers @ieatlint
Al B: staying at Caeser's.
Micah - room 5633, Monaco towers
inklesspen - Riviera, monte carlo towers @inklesspen
verbal - monaco towers @verbiee
Events that are known so far:
Thursday July 30th
- Morning : DefCON Shootout ( starts as early as we can rally, open the range around 08:00, outta there absolutely by 12:00. (preferably back at hotel by then) )
- DefCON 101 : ( 13:00 - 15:00 ) HighWiz, The Dark Tangent, Russr, DJ Jackalope, Deviant Ollam, Thorn, ThePrez98, LosT, Siviak
- Pre-Con Introduction to Lock Picking : Alek Amrani
- DEFCON 1 - A Personal Account : Dead Addict
- Con Kung-Fu: Defending Yourself @ DEFCON : Rob "Padre" DeGulielmo
- Hardware Black Magic - Building devices with FPGAs : Dr. Fouad Kiamilev
- DCFluX in: The Man with the Soldering Gun : Matt Krick "DCFluX"
- Effective Information Security Career Planning : Lee Kushner and Mike Murray
- DC Network Session : Lockheed
- So You Got Arrested in Vegas... : Jim Rennie ( USEFUL INFORMATION! )
- Hacking with GNURadio : Videoman
- Toxic BBQ : ( 15:00 - 17:30 Titanium Chef contest -- open grills 17:30 - 20:00 )
- DefCON Forums Meet-up in Room #111 : 7:30pm to whenever (BYoB -- or more beer than that)
- THE SUMMIT is Hosting in efforts as a fund raiser for the EFF and Make a Wish Foundation! THURSDAY NIGHT (July 30th) - TOP OF THE RIV (3 DJ's / Early party)
Friday July 31st
- Pool Party : ( ??->23:00 w/ DJ, then -> 02:00 quiet )
- Penthouse Party : Monaco Tower, room 6407 (the corner penthouse as featured in the movie Casino) 9-midnight
Saturday Aug 1st
- Penthouse Party : Monaco Tower, room 6407 (the corner penthouse as featured in the movie Casino) midnight->3am (assuming hotel allows)