|Documentation Working Group|
|We don't know how Noisebridge works, but we'll write it down anyways|
Noisebridge is cryptic at times. Most of the time, actually.
How does Noisebridge work? That is a damn fine question, but who really knows, eh?
The purpose of the Documentation Working Group is to encourage and maintain the documentation of noisebridge.
The first meeting of the Documentation WG is Thursday, September 18th, 2014 at 7 PM
Things we do
- Manual - The Great Big Book of Noisebridge And How It Doesn't Fall Apart
- Sidebar menu
- Category:Pages_maintained_by_the_Documentation_Working_Group - The important things that are usually kept up to date
- Collect mail from the Mailbox
- Scan Documents
- Enculturate others into producing Good Documentation
- Train hackers in the ways of Good Documentation
- Browsing Special:Orphaned pages and linking to them somewhere in the wiki
- WorkingGroup:Documentation/Discussion - Whenever someone wants it
Collaboration by all interested parties present and future is key here; not power-seeking control!
We the underhacked have pledged to contribute to the never-ending task of scribbling down things about Noisebridge:
- #docs-wg on Slack
- Probably some sort of regular gathering of documentation hackers?
- Maybe even a monthly wiki sprint!
- Signage is ongoing. Make/Suggest signs that should exist or changes to improve them.
- Labels need to go directly on everything, whereas the sign may go next to it with more info.
- Promotion group creates updated bulletins about things happening at the space and promotes them to the outside world.
- Hackstations (Kiosk enclosures for major tools/activity areas with attendant pegboard for attaching relevant bookshelves/supplies relevant and Signage elevated above it to make it easy to find with instructions for use.)
Projects that need love to get working again.
- NoiseFacts is an idea for a small printed version of the manual for new arrivals.
We are going to have another meeting soon to discuss printing/lasercutting/constructing kiosks for Signage, wiki docs, etc.
We meet sometimes. Here are some meeting notes
Taking care of our projects
Every wiki page that Docsbridge works on needs to be tagged with the following template:
This will ensure that it has the following notice at the bottom and that we can keep tabs on these pages and keep them in good working order.
|This page is maintained by the Documentation Working Group.
If technical writing is your thing, you should consider helping out by editing this page!
|Document ALL The Things!|
|YES, ALL THE THINGS|