Difference between revisions of "Donate or Pay Dues"
m (Protected "Donate or Pay Dues": protection for a bit - to ensure the links aren't spiked ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 02:47, 24 December 2010
How can I donate or pay dues to Noisebridge?
- PayPal email@example.com:
- Check made out to "Noisebridge", with memo: "December Dues" or "Donation" (or whatever is appropriate)
- give it to a board member or officer at the space, or mail to:
- 2215-R Market St. #235
- San Francisco, CA 94114
- Cash: give to a board member or officer at the space, or any of the donation buckets.
- For dues, please use an envelope labeled with your name, the amount, and "December Dues" (or whatever is appropriate).
- Direct bank transfer: email firstname.lastname@example.org for details; Wells Fargo customers can do this free online
Are donations to Noisebridge tax deductible?
Noisebridge is an educational non-profit CA corporation for the public good, and we recently received 501(c)(3) tax exempt status. All donations to Noisebridge since October 2008 are considered charitable gifts. Whether or not your donation is tax deductible depends on your tax situation and other factors; consult your tax preparer. Please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org should you require documentation of your donation.
Are membership dues tax deductible?
This depends on your tax situation and other factors and as such is not answerable by Noisebridge. Some value may be received in exchange for your dues, depending on your usage of the Noisebridge space. Please discuss it with your tax preparer.
Do companies match donations?
Some employers will match an employee's tax-deductible contribution to a 501(c)(3) nonprofit! Generally the nonprofit has to do some small amount of paperwork. Contact a board member if your employer will match, and we're happy to do this work!
In particular, the following companies are already set up:
- Google (as of July 2009)