Draft Consensus Items
This page is for consensus item drafts so that:
- people can easily share ideas with a record of changes
- avoid creating time pressure for community members by introducing items before sufficient discussion has happened
|Date First Discussed||Proposed By||Informal Title||Summary||Author of this Record|
|November 16, 2020||fnord||Temporary Provisional Capacity Cap at Capp Under Construction in this Time of Contagion||Regarding 272 Capp Street and the expeditious buildout thereof:
0) Respecting (recently updated) SF requirements relating to coronavirus pandemic, Noisebridge should be considered closed for "business as usual" for the time being. Details will change but for the foreseeable future safe to assume absolutely no in-person "events" (classes, tours, parties, etc). Most activities related to the buildout should probably hold off for now. Take a break folks!
1) Going forward we should limit number of people indoors at 272 Capp to 3 downstairs and 3 upstairs (whenever volunteers can safely get back to work building out the new space).
2) Scheduled volunteers building out the new space will be supported in their relentless pursuit of excellence. Knowledgeable volunteers are encouraged to facilitate safe and productive use of the space.
3) Prioritize projects to safely open the the space for more participants. For example: ventilation and making good use of the outdoor space.
4) Consider any and all of these extraordinary restrictions to be automatically obsolete by (at the latest) March 14th 2021 and open to reasonable modifications as things change. Would be good to refresh details at least every month.
This proposal for (formal) Consensus reflects the current state of affairs and concerns of volunteers working to build out the space, Further suggestions, questions, support (and moar volunteers!) from the broader Noisebridge community would be most welcome at this point.
|March 24, 2020||Ⅹ||SHUT IT DOWN!||For the upmost safety and excellence of humanity, noisebridge is hereby CLOSED until further notice.||Ⅹ|
|March 24, 2020||Ⅹ||OPEN IT UP!||Noisebridge is as open as possible, noisebridge is hereby OPEN.||Ⅹ|
|May 22, 2018||John Shutt||Defining Board Officer and Chairperson Roles||Text here: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Defining-Roles||John Shutt
|22 May 2018||Beka||Philanthropy Renaming||Rename Philanthropists to Daemons and update all the relevant related words in parallel ways.||Beka|
|22 May 2018||Beka||Document and Do-ocratize Infrastructure||Noisebridge will document it's infrastructure (including access control, wikipedia and social media accounts, domain names, financial record keeping and related accounts), and build tools to reduce or eliminate the reliance on trusted individuals, so as to prevent those items of infrastructure from becoming unusable or unmaintainable in the case that those trusted individuals cease to be readily contactable. All such tools will aim to maximize decentralized do-ocratic participation, transparency, and accountability, and minimize secrecy and concentration of power. As part of this, it is necessary to answer the following questions:
1) How can these pieces of infrastructure be accessed without significant vulnerabilities? I.E. what does it mean to access NB's Twitter account in an accountable way? How does that compare to bank information? To domain names? What conditions are appropriate for each such piece of infrastructure, to allow access to working groups building tools?
2) What tools can be made to provide decentralizeddo-ocratic control and accountability? What information must be shared, when, and how can that sharing be guaranteed?
3) Who will build the tools, write the documentation, etc.?
When these three questions can be answered, access will be granted to these tools. The system of trusted individuals may continue to exist as a fallback, if desirable, but will not be the sole way to manage this infrastructure thereafter.
The Current Consensus Items is a page for hosting consensus items currently under debate, with their formal wording.
The Consensus Items History is the public record of consensus items that have been decided on in the past. Please move the records from the "Current" page to the "History" page once they've been approved/blocked.