This section is for start-up costs (known or estimated). Story so far:
- Move-in cost for space : $4000
- Three months' rent reserve : $5925 at $1975/mo rent
- Cost of incorporation as non-profit + 501c3 app : $2000
- Initial insurance cost : $500 - $2500 per year
- Initial cost for drinks to sell : ??
- Initial cost for space improvements, making keys, etc. : ??
- Noisebridge business Costco card : $50
- Initial equipment costs : ??
Estimate so far for start-up cost: $14475 + ??.
DavidMolnar ideally would like to see 2x whatever this estimated number is as starting capital, but that may be overkill.
Monthly Expenses and Dues
- $1975 rent
- $300 utilities (I'm TOTALLY making this up just to have a number, not even sure what all I mean it to include)
- PG&E, Water? (shared w/ NoStarch?), trash/recycling, insurance split over a year, ISP (I recommend sonic.net)
- $100 misc (toilet paper, juice, resistors)
Expected Costs for buying drinks: ? (Check CostCo prices) Expected Revenue from selling drinks: ? (Next number tells us what this is ; ) Expected Profit from selling drinks: ~300-800$
|number of members||monthly dues|
Committed So Far
We have collected the following money:
- $221 at meeting, held by Mitch Altman
Total in hand: $221
We have the following pledges:
- DavidMolnar up to $150/mo and $1500 start-up
- Al Billings up to $150/mo and $500 start-up.
- Matt up to $100/mo and $500 start-up.
- adi up to $500/mo for 6 months, $300/mo ongoing, and $1000 start-up.
- JakeAppelbaum up to $500/mo for 6 months, $300/mo ongoing, and $1000 start-up.
- NateLawson at least $100/mo and $500 start-up
- marc up to $250/mo and $500 start-up
- Davidfine $40/mo and my time
- Mitch up to $150/mo and $500 start-up.
- Rachel $150/mo ongoing, $1000 startup.
- Al Sweigart $30/mo and $150 start-up.
- Noah Balmer $100/mo
- mainyu $800 startup, ??? monthly
Total pledged: $2220/mo, $7150 start-up
Opening a Bank Account
Once we incorporate, we will open a bank account.
Anyone interested in making bank recommendations, please contact your favorite bank(s), and add you info about the bank on this page: Bank Choices. We will choose a bank from these recommendations (at the next meeting?).