Front-end Web Development/Notes
Notes from previous Front-end Web Development classes.
Class for 2013-11-18: CSS selectors and the box model
CSS selectors are probably the most complex part of the CSS language, so we'll look at them further in-depth. We'll also talk about the box model, the display concept that makes words and containers on the web look like they do.
Class for 2013-11-11: the basics
THIS is the class to attend if you are a complete beginner! We are starting the curriculum of this class from square one. We'll cover the very basics:
- Explaining "front-end" vs. "back-end"
- Discussing tools of the trade
- Explaining the separation between structure, presentation, and behavior
- Writing a basic HTML page
- Styling the page with basic CSS
- Explaining the role of front-end web development as a job and career
No recap session for this class. Please show up promptly at or before 8pm, as physical space is limited. Bring a laptop!
P.S. This might be the last series I teach for a while. I might take a longer break after the end of the series (in about 6 months). We'll see. But if you've been meaning to attend, this is your chance!