Front-end Web Development/Notes
Notes from previous Frontend Web Development classes.
Class for 2013-05-06: CSS floats
Floating is the secret sauce behind creating websites with multiple columns, navigation menus, and basically any block element that's aligned to the left or right. We learned about floats by taking a look at some examples, then took a mockup and created a site from it.
Class for 2013-04-22: CSS selectors and the box model
CSS selectors are probably the most complex part of the CSS language, so we looked at them further in-depth. We also talked about the box model, the display concept that makes words and containers on the web look like they do.
Class for 2013-04-15: the basics
We covered the very basics:
- Explaining "frontend" vs. "backend"
- Discussing tools of the trade
- Explaining the separation between structure, presentation, and behavior
- Writing a basic HTML page
- Styling the page with basic CSS
- Explaining the role of frontend web development as a job and career