Front-end Web Development/Notes
Notes from previous Frontend Web Development classes.
Class for 2013-04-22: CSS selectors and the box model
CSS selectors are probably the most complex part of the CSS language, so we looked at them further in-depth. We also talked about the box model, the display concept that makes words and containers on the web look like they do.
Class for 2013-04-15: the basics
We covered the very basics:
- Explaining "frontend" vs. "backend"
- Discussing tools of the trade
- Explaining the separation between structure, presentation, and behavior
- Writing a basic HTML page
- Styling the page with basic CSS
- Explaining the role of frontend web development as a job and career