NoiseBridge has been working on improving its space since the mists of time when the lease was signed, and it has got a lot further--whether it is finished or not, we can gather and say it is! Celebratory dinner party, July 30, open to all, cooked and arranged by members.
We would like to fundraise so the suggested price is $20, and the extra is going to Noisebridge rather than to cooks. However, Quirk should have an estimate of the actual cost per person closer to the date, so if you'd rather know and pay that, ask. She won't know until more people sign up.
Timing and plan
The day is July 30, 2010. Friday. The menu and timing is as follows (it will probably change a little but not too much):
Hors d'oeuvres, 6:30-7
- Roasted beets with vinegar and crème fraîche (Quirk, Thurs&Fri)
- Roasted whole bulbs of garlic with crackers & cheese (Quirk Thurs)
- Baba ghannouj snd pita bread (Quirk Thurs)
- Devilled goose eggs (Meredith)
- Sudopop (a kind of home-made ginger beer) (Miloh)
- Flavored sake (Sean)
- Piña coladas (Dr Jesus)
- Thai iced tea (Quirk+Rebecca)
- Couscous with vegetables (Jim)
- Asparagus drizzled with salt and olive oil (Quirk, Madeleine)
- Salad of sliced tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, with a dressing of balsamic vinegar+olive oil+salt (Madeleine)
- Ratatouille (Madeleine)
- Crêpes with creamed spinach (Quirk)
- Lentil & tomato thing (Rebecca)
- Ciabatta (Rachel)
- Chocolate mousse (Quirk, Rebecca?, Thurs)
- Molasses-bread with molasses (Rebecca)
- Pie (Meredith)
Sign up please!
We would love more help, but we really need attendees. This event won't work well unless we get at least 20 people, preferably 30, 40 would be great. So if you can commit to your stomach and your funds, please
The emails are listed in a strange spam-blocking format; email User:Esqg or Rachel if you want to be reminded but don't want others to have your email. Or even do the same if you don't want your name on that list.
Quirk is in charge of cooking and getting the general planning going. Miloh may be taking charge of sudopop and other things. I had a volunteer for "slowly poisonous" liquids, but am not sure who that was. If you would like to help in some way with setup, say so on the sheet and I'll contact you, or email me.