Getting Here (2169)
Noisebridge is located on the 3rd floor of 2169 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110-1219, between 17th and 18th street (37.76717 N, 122.418423 W), 1.5 blocks south of 16th Street Mission BART station. Use the intercom to ask to be buzzed into the space. An elevator with manually-operated doors is available, and here is some basic accessibility information.
Here is a Map of Noisebridge.
If this is your first time here, please review our visitor advice.
We have more information here on getting in using really space-age or really old-fashioned ways of opening doors.
You can also find directions to our old space.
511.org is great to help plan your Bay Area travel.
Getting Here by BART
BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) train service runs 4:30am-midnight weekdays, 6am-midnight on Saturday, and 8am-midnight on Sunday. The train schedules are generally accurate to within about 3 minutes.
- Take BART to 16th Street Mission Station
- Get to street level via either exit
- Walk 1.5 blocks south on Mission Street.
- Noisebridge is on the left, 2169 Mission, just before Mi Ranchito Produce Market.
Getting Here By Caltrain
Caltrain service runs from 4:30am-midnight on weekdays, 7am-midnight on Saturday, and 8am-9pm on Sunday. The train schedules are generally accurate to within 10 minutes, but can often be delayed for significantly longer. Your best bet if a train doesn’t show up is to search "caltrain" on Twitter.
- Take Caltrain to Millbrae Station
- Walk across the northbound platform to transfer to BART
- Wait to board the next train. As of writing, all BART trains serving Millbrae also travel to 16th Street Mission.
- From here, see the BART directions above.
You can also take Caltrain to the 22nd Street or 4th and King Stations, but it will usually be faster to just take BART.
Getting Here by Muni
San Francisco is served by the Muni bus and light rail network. Only some lines run from 1am-5am, so called "Owl" service. Bus schedules are generally accurate to within 15 minutes. Nextbus has real-time bus arrival information. (Check stops near noisebridge here). Muni lines that pass particularly close to Noisebridge are:
- 14 Mission (stops in front of Noisebridge) (24 hour service)
- 33 Stanyan (stops in front of Noisebridge)
- 49 Van Ness-Mission (stops in front of Noisebridge)
- 22 Fillmore (24 hour service; closest stop 16th and Mission)
- 12 Folsom (closest stop 18th and Folsom)
Noisebridge is about a 15 minute walk from the Church St Light Rail Muni Station, served by the Muni light rail K, L, M, and T lines underground, and the J, N and F aboveground. (When riding the J Church line, it is closer to exit at the bottom of Dolores Park at 18th and Church rather than at Church and Market. The other Muni light rail lines also connect with BART at Civic Center Station; transferring to BART there may be faster than walking from Church Street.)
Getting Home by AC Transit
AC Transit's late-night bus service can get you back to the East Bay after BART stops running at midnight. As of the December 7, 2014 service change, the following routes stop on Mission Street on weekends only:
Connecting bus service to Fremont is available on Route 801.
AC Transit's schedule doesn't indicate whether routes 800 and 822 will stop in front of Noisebridge at 18th Street. If you know whether or not they do, please edit this article and say so.
See the San Francisco Bike Coalition bike map for bike directions to Noisebridge. Noisebridge can be found in the center-right portion of this map.
Valencia Street, 1 block west of Mission, is an official route of the San Francisco Bicycle Network, with roomy bike lanes in both directions and calm traffic. For security you should bring your bike upstairs either via the stairs or elevator. Our bike rack has room for at least 14 bikes :-)
Evening street parking in the area is difficult since the 16th and Valencia area is a popular entertainment district. Most street parking in the area is metered 9am-6pm.
There is a commercial parking garage at 42 Hoff Street, about two blocks from Noisebridge. Several BART stations outside of San Francisco city limits also have parking available. San Francisco is famous for car break-ins; you should place all your valuables in the trunk of your car.
From the East Bay
- From the East Bay, take I-80W (across the Bay Bridge)
- 1.5 miles after the Bay Bridge, exit right at "Golden Gate Bridge | North 101 | Exit 1B"
- in 0.5 miles exit right at a double sign that reads "Duboce Ave | Exit 434A" and "101 North | G G Br | Mission St"
- Bear left near the bottom of the exit
- At the bottom of the exit, turn left on Mission
- Continue south on Mission Street about 4 blocks to 2169 Mission
From the South Bay
- From the South Bay, take US-101N
- Exit at Vermont St and immediately turn left on Vermont
- Go 2 blocks and turn left on 16th
- Go 1.1 miles (approx 12 blocks) and turn left on Mission Street
- Continue south on Mission Street 1.5 blocks to 2169 Mission
- Take I-280N
- Exit at San Jose Avenue
- Go 1.1 miles, turn right onto Randall and make an immediate left onto Mission Street
- Go 1.6 miles (approx 16 blocks) and find yourself in front of Noisebridge!
From the North Bay
From the North Bay, take US-101S (across the Golden Gate Bridge). Continue on US-101S within San Francisco (local San Francisco streets signed as US-101S are Lombard Street and then Van Ness Avenue) until it crosses Market Street and becomes South Van Ness Avenue, then follow South Van Ness, then right on 18th, right on Mission. Just stay on mission. South van mess is too crowded
- Starting at Noisebridge, go 1/2 block north to 17th St.
- Turn left on 17th
- Take your first right onto Hoff St.
- The garage is 1/2 block ahead on the left
Garages (showing rates for 3 hours): 
More garages, rates per hour: 
Parking meters in database format: http://sfpark.org/resources/parking-meters-census-gis-data/
And this book of "parking secrets": http://www.findingthesweetspot.com/pages/tips.html
Like some other big cities, you can sometimes get lucky and find unmetered parking if you drive around the side-streets.
|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | (Edit)|
|Manual | Visitors | Participation | Excellence | Do-ocracy | Consensus | Standards | Outreach | Operations | Cleaning | Edit | Cat|