Vegan Grocery list for Toorcamp 2009. Reminder: RV only has stove top and microwave. And yes, there is a small fridge. Campfires presumably will also exist though?
We have roped some nice girl into cooking for us. Presumably we will do some vague meal planning (or I will at least because I am hungrymonster eatsalot - K) so if you have easy vegan recipes that can be made in quantity, please speak up.
Things to get
- Vegan marshmallows!
- hot chocolate mix **STILL NEED**
- quinoa! its a complete protein!
- maybe some noodles?
- sweet potatoes or yams
- potatoes (for breakfast or fries)
- soup bouillon cubes
- stuff for a stew (carrots, onions, potatoes, seitan or tofu, turnip)
- greens (kale, spinach)
- dark chocolate
- nut butter of some type
- veggies for sushi
Things Camo can bring for you
(Please say thank you to my grandma. She gave me grocery money! :D <3 )
- 4 containers of Viso
- 1 box Koala Crisp cerial
- Oat bran
- Hemp powder
- Wheat gluten and nutritional yeast for making seitan :)
- some Odwalla bars
- misc noodles (soba, potato noodles, rice noodles)
- vegan Nutella
- peanut butter for curry
Seattle. City of Grocerytunity:
- Brought lots of donut and bagel making yeast & flour. Donuts and bagel night!
- supplies for vegan curry or tagine curry and tagine (Note: I have curry powder, chana masala, and coconut milk for curried things - Camo)
- Many pounds of Oats.
- remember I have f-bomb tons of NYF for you flakeheads
- Lots of spices and toppings.
- Sugar, lemons mate and black tea
- 'Mushroom Mutton' I mean, have you shopped at New Mei Wah? Mushroom Mutton!?! Wow. It will be delish.
Stuff Miloh brought
This stuff all disappeared, but I think it's useful to have inventory as we trek up so that we can fill the gaps. I'll check the page history later but right now I need to dump our inventory list... --Hurtstotouchfire 20:24, 30 June 2009 (PDT)
Miloh got a lb of Rainbow VeganStock (is it vegan or vegetarian, can someone check this?) Also a lb of NYF