Vegan Grocery list for Toorcamp 2009. Reminder: RV only has stove top and microwave. And yes, there is a small fridge. Campfires presumably will also exist though?
We have roped some nice girl into cooking for us. Presumably we will do some vague meal planning (or I will at least because I am hungrymonster eatsalot - K) so if you have easy vegan recipes that can be made in quantity, please speak up.
Things to get
Get veggies in Portland/SEA?
- more kale (at least another bunch)
- soy sauce
- jam/jelly for sandwiches (we lack this critical ingredient to match our enormous PB supply.)
- zucchini (like, 6 of them) (or some other good dinner vegetable like broccoli, in reasonable bulk)
- chips, snack food for people to eat between meals
- vegan bacon?
- salt & pepper (Camo?)
- dark chocolate
- plantains (KB will cover this on her way out of the mission on the 2nd)
- tofu (Leif might be getting this)
- bread (Leif might be getting this)
- avocado (KB will cover this on her way out of the mission on the 2nd)
- Vegan marshmallows!
- more oil? (olive, etc)
Kelly & Jake bought (rough estimates on some items)
- 6 kilos Yerba Mate
- 2 eggplant
- 4 small cans tomato paste
- 6 bags Newman O's
- 2 green cabbage
- 2 red cabbage
- 3 boxes bouillon
- 1 case raspberry licorice
- 1 case black licorice
- 3 lbs cocoa powder
- 3 lb dry polenta
- 2 large tubs Earth Balance
- 2 large tubs peanut butter
- 1 tub hazelnut almond spread
- 2 cases plain soy milk
- 2 bunches of kale
- 6 head garlic
- 6 red onions
- 8 yellow onions
- 5 lb carrots
- 6 lb potatoes
- 6 lb yams
- 2 cans black olives
- 2 cans green olives
- 4 cans black beans
- 4 cans red beans
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 2 bottles lemonade
- 2 bottles mango lemonade
- 2 bottles strawberry lemonade
- 4 lb quinoa
- 4 lbs vegan rotelli pasta (the yellow kind)
- 4 lbs vegan spinach rotelli
- 2 lb corn elbo pasta (reserved for vegan yeast mac n "cheese"!)
- 4 lb pumpkin flax granola
- 1.5 lb hot cereal mix
Also bringing nutritional yeast, some olive oil, tea, baking soda, agave.
Things Camo can bring for you
(Please say thank you to my grandma. She gave me grocery money! :D <3 )
- 4 containers of Viso
- 1 box Koala Crisp cerial
- Oat bran
- Hemp powder
- Wheat gluten and nutritional yeast for making seitan :)
- some Odwalla bars
- misc noodles (soba, potato noodles, rice noodles)
- vegan Nutella
- peanut butter for curry
Seattle. City of Grocerytunity:
- Brought lots of donut and bagel making yeast & flour. Donuts and bagel night!
- supplies for vegan curry or tagine curry and tagine (Note: I have curry powder, chana masala, and coconut milk for curried things - Camo)
- Many pounds of Oats.
- remember I have f-bomb tons of NYF for you flakeheads
- Lots of spices and toppings.
- Sugar, lemons mate and black tea
- 'Mushroom Mutton' I mean, have you shopped at New Mei Wah? Mushroom Mutton!?! Wow. It will be delish.
Stuff Miloh brought
- Rainbow VeganStock (is it vegan or vegetarian, can someone check this?)
- Also a lb of NYF
- vegan pancake mix at Rainbow 6/27
- broght a bottle of siraccha
- Miloh got a liter of some Aloha Soy sauce *
- 25lb of Jasmine rice, 2009 crop
- masses of sliced dried shitake *
- 3 2800mL restaurant size cans of coconut milk -- not enough, *
- lots of fry chips and stuff for making Night market foods.. Indonesian tempeh chips, cassava chips, and super titi13
- packs of companion jerky and mushroom mutton, only enough for about 20 people, after extended in a meal
- 3 things of dry red beans...
- 2 gallons of corn oil for the cantina*