Hack Notes CVA 091222
Hack Notes 2009-12-22
V1.5 limit to just 8 motors for simplification purposes.
For a belt mod, reserve some V1.0 boards and instruct people to add diodes - deals with inventory problem.
- Settle on new parts
New parts for LiPo battery upgrade mod:
battery: sparkfun PRT-00341 charging IC: newark 59J2761 USB Mini B jack: digikey 670-1190-1-ND JST jack: digikey 455-1719-ND
- Mounting acrylic - how many screws?
- Make a mock-up
- Border pieces - later cut tongue and grooves for snappage
- Ask Rachel for feasability
- Hold the boards in with notches (+$20 for more than 6pts board shape) = no holes!
- No atmel socket - it's tall enough and people can figure that out
- Investigated brownout detection, not useful
TODO / INVESTIGATE
- Bigger cap to make the voltage drop less meaning the atmega won't reset when motors ramp up on low batteries
- Switch to internal oscilator for simplicity and power saving, timing vars need retweaking???
- Find/make through-hole usb mini eagle part
- Add copyright info to code and old eagle files
- Batt charging cap not spec'd yet, just copied the 0.1uF part
- Put in RGB LED red=charging green=on