Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | (Edit)|
|Guilds | Meta | Code | Electronics | Fabrication | Games | Sewing | Music | AI | Neuro | Philosophy | Funding | Art | Security | Ham | Brew | Edit|
Hambridge works on radio hacking projects at Noisebridge to facilitate network connections that are resilient to Internet failure.
- MAINTAINERS: X, lxpk, pyconaut
Packet radio is a way of sending digital network traffic over analog radios.
Starter Project Ideas
- Get 2 Baofeng UV-5Rs
- Program the channels using the USB cable so you have emergency channels ready
- Write a waterproofed instruction card for how to use it and which channels to use to attach to it.
- Get APRS data working with it
- Set your neighbors up to know how to do it and exchange APRS data with you in emergencies
There is a HAM amateur radio license test you should study for and pass to use radio channels responsibly and legally.
- Study the HAM amateur radio test materials
- Do practice HAM amateur radio tests
- Take and pass the HAM amateur radio test!