See Mediawiki Help page.
FIXME this page could be more helpful if it has information wrt
- noisebridge wiki policies (read "shared mind")
- what can be done that's not obvious from the wikimedia help, e.g. how to create a new page when editing and adding an internal link, how to make categories....
- who's in charge: what noisebridge personages to ask for help, to ask for changes in user permissions
if i knew any of the answers to the above, i'd have provided them. --Jim 00:34, 27 September 2009 (PDT)
i figured something out, so here:
you may be editing a page, adding some information in the editing pane, and you want to make a link to a new page.
- in your text, write the name of the new page.
- highlight the name of the new page where it appears in your text.
- choose the Internal Link button above the editing pane.
you should see ... double square brackets now surround the name of your new page. note that your new page does not yet exist. how to create the new page?
- scroll down to see the Save page, Show preview, and Show changes buttons.
- click the Show preview button.
the system presents an editing pane for the new page with a caution that if you got this page by mistake, use the back arrow.
- enter something, anything, in the editing pane to create the new page.
- scroll down and click the Show preview button. if things appear as you like,
- click the Save page button to save the new page.
- use the back arrow button to return the Show preview page that you'd first been editing.,
- if all is well, click the Save page button to save your edits.