How to Enter Noisebridge
Noisebridge is a hackerspace. To help facilitate excellent hacking, the membership community would like someone to vouch for you.
"Ok, so how do I get in?"
The buzzer is the middle button in the group of three to the right of the payphone. It may have a Noisebridge logo sticker underneath it.
Now that you've been buzzed in, how do you stay in? An excellent question! There's a few ways:
Be a brand new visitor to the space and/or attend a Tuesday night meeting (the two easiest ways!)
- Ask a docent to introduce you to the space when you visit for the first time
- Attend a weekly meeting
Be a vouchsafed guest of a Regular Member or an Associate Member (the next easiest way)
- Find out if a Regular or Associate Member is currently present at the space to vouch for you
- Ask the coordinator of the event you plan on attending to vouch for you
- Ask your friend who is a Regular or Associate Member to go with you to the space
- Go on the NB discussion mailing list or IRC chat and ask if a Regular or Associate Member will go with you
- Go to the space and ask the person who lets you in to vouch for you (no guarantee!)
Become an Associate Member
- In brief: find 4 members that will vouch for you, go through the formal process of waiting a month or so for your name to be discussed at the weekly meeting, profit!
- Read up on becoming an Associate Member and becoming a Regular Member
Become a Regular Member
- Read up on becoming a Regular Member
Please note that Associate Membership and guests needing member hosts is new at Noisebridge as of November 2013.