How to join Noisebridge
(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 14:27, 21 June 2013
Here is a list of steps people usually complete as they become part of the Noisebridge community. All are optional, and they may be completed in any order.
- Enter Noisebridge
- Ask someone to give you a tour
- Ask them how they learned about Noisebridge
- Attend a Weekly Meeting
- But don't stress if you can't
- Create a Wiki User Account
- Create a user page.
- Copy this to-do list to your user page. Strike out the tasks you've accomplished.
- Join a like-minded Mailinglist
- Send a message introducing yourself
- Try and comprehend our particular flavor of collectivist anarchy by reading the Hours page.
- Don't worry if it seems a bit strange.
- Clean up something that needs cleaning
- Befriend a member.
- Ask her to set you up with a Door code
- Be excellent in a new and surprising way
- Get a proper tour of the Dirty / Wood shop.
- Don't be afraid of the scary tools.
- Fingers grow back, right?
- Attend Circuit Hacking Monday
- Meet Mitch
- Buy a kit and build it.
- Take a class
- Learn how to use the Jukebox
- Play some awesome music.
- Rock out.
- Set up a recurring donation
- Create an account on Pony, our illustrious file server
- Poke around. Find some lulz.
- Upload new lulz.
- Edit a wiki page that could use some improvement
- Add something to this list
- Learn to use the vinyl cutter
- Make a sticker for your laptop.
- Make a sticker for somebody else's laptop
- Learn how to use the sewing machines
- Learn to use the Lasercutter
- Learn to use the 3d printers
- Give a class
- Give a newcomer a tour
- Apply for Membership
- Get a Hackerspace Passport
- Add a Noisebridge visa
- Hack the planet