We use an IRC channel that's on freenode. It's temporary and quite useful. Feel free to join. The needed information is as follows:
We have a helpful bot in the channel by the name of martha run by Andy Isaacson
For those who are not familiar with getting on IRC, here's what Mitch did:
- For Windows: Download and install Pidgin (free IM chat software for Windows -- there's plenty of other free software to choose from for Windows and other OSs).
- For Macs - a reasonable client is Snak, http://www.snak.com/. It's $29 shareware with a 30 day free evaluation. A better IRC client for Mac OS X (that also supports SILC) and is Free Software is Colloquy.
- For those who run Ubuntu and are not familiar with IRC (unlikely?):
$ sudo aptitude install xchat
- create an IRC account and connect to irc.freenode.net (there's good documentation on how to do this on http://freenode.net/using_the_network.shtml freenode]. You can also register your nickname at freenode.
- join channel: #noisebridge