Difference between revisions of "IcarusAndroid"
(Created page with 'Icarus is a Java-based Android application that is developed for and tested on the G1 phone. Currently maintained by [nf](email@example.com) and located in this [Mercurial Repository…')
Revision as of 02:03, 9 February 2010
Icarus is a Java-based Android application that is developed for and tested on the G1 phone.
Currently maintained by [nf](firstname.lastname@example.org) and located in this [Mercurial Repository](http://bitbucket.org/0x0000/icarus/).
In its current form, it logs the following values from the phone's internal sensors:
- Latitude, Longitude, Altitude (GPS)
- Temperature (AK8976A)
- Orientation (AK8976A)
- Magnetic fields in 3 dimensions (AK8976A)
- Accelerometer in 3 dimensions (AK8976A)
It writes the data, timestamped, to a file on the SD card: 'IcarusLog'.
If it has GSM connectivity and has a GPS lock, it will report its GPS coordinates once a minute via SMS. It has been tested to recover from loss of both GPS and GSM signals.
Todo list: (immediate future)
- Make the destination phone number and SMS interval configurable.
- Other interface cosmetic enhancements.
Todo list: (pie in sky)
- Make Icarus signal an external camera at a particular altitude threshold (eg, to start a video record on descent).
- Icarus itself could record video and/or take photos at specified altitudes using the phone's internal camera.