What is it?
Noisebridge: In-Depth is a monthly lecture series and round table discussion.
When and Where does it happen?
Noisebridge: In-Depth takes place the first Thursday of every month at 7pm, at Noisebridge. This means the next event will be on April 7th, 2011 at 7 pm.
Why are we doing this?
There are many reasons:
- It provides a deeper look at what people are working on.
- This is the next step after Five_Minutes_of_Fame.
- To expose new people to the space
- Most of the talks have a community outreach slant on them. There are lots of communities that could use skills that Noisebridgers can offer. This is a venue for them to come in, explain their project, and see if they can find help.
How can I participate?
Sign up to give a talk! Contact Zedd by email (zedd [@] HAT-Labs.com). Include your name (or handle), talk title, your website/url, and a short description. In your email, use the subject line "Noisebridge: In-Depth" Speakers will be notified as to when their talks will be scheduled. Talk topic will be finalized and released at least 1 week before the talk.
How can I attend?
Just show up! If for any reason you're unable to attend, you can usually watch it live on our UStream Channel.
How can I help?
We always need people to help with set up and tear down. We also need people to help us find people that are willing to come give a talk. If you know someone, point them at this page.
The Next Lecture
"Many people like to attend conferences, but how many get a chance to see what happens behind the scenes? In this talk, aestetix will cover the fundamentals of what anyone should know to create and maintain a successful event, including promotion, establishing and building reputation, and, if it's a recurring event, how to keep it running without going stale. He'll draw from lessons learned in the electronic music community, his experience working with the HOPE conference in New York City, as well as his own Noisebridge creation, "Five Minutes of Fame," a loose San Francisco flavored adaptation of "Lightning Talks."" April 7, 2011 at 7 pm.
- aestetix is an event organizer, planner, and generally takes the blame when things go wrong.