Revision as of 00:58, 10 September 2009 by Adi
 The Gig
We acquired a bunch of Inexio 17" touchscreen LCD display panels. This page documents what we've learned about them.
 The Hardware
- VGA 17" panel, 1280x1024 @ 75 Hz according to EDID
- IR-based touchscreen connected to a custom touchscreen controller ("C-CONTROLLER 2007.04.19 REV 4.94" silkscreened on PCB) based on an Atmel AT91SAM7S64 ARM microcontroller
- touchscreen data available as RS232 via DB9
- also apparently the same data is available as a USB CDC ACM device via the USB B-port hidden under the casing
- however, the USB port doesn't seem to work -- it continually goes like so:
[20887.891836] usb 3-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 14 [20888.071162] usb 3-2: New USB device found, idVendor=1870, idProduct=0001 [20888.071174] usb 3-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 [20888.071182] usb 3-2: Product: iNexio USB [20888.071189] usb 3-2: Manufacturer: iNexio [20888.071195] usb 3-2: SerialNumber: 100000000 [20888.071558] usb 3-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice [20955.608590] usb 3-2: USB disconnect, address 14 [20960.312903] usb 3-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 15 [20960.491975] usb 3-2: New USB device found, idVendor=1870, idProduct=0001 [20960.491986] usb 3-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 [20960.491995] usb 3-2: Product: iNexio USB [20960.492001] usb 3-2: Manufacturer: iNexio [20960.492008] usb 3-2: SerialNumber: 100000000 [20960.492372] usb 3-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice [21028.029653] usb 3-2: USB disconnect, address 15
- chips are running firmware v1.3, apparently v1.5 exists but is not trivial to find
 The Software
- Linux-input driver: linux/drivers/input/touchscreen/inexio.c
- Xorg xinput driver: http://repo.or.cz/w/xf86-input-inexio.git
 Reverse Engineering the Protocol
to be filled in.