You can subscribe to the kites mailing list here.
- Attaching lights for night flying. It would be awesome to try to illuminate the tail on a dual-line stunt kite. (Maybe EL wire would be a good candidate for this?)
- Microprocess + accelerometer + RGB LEDs on the leading edge of a stunt kite. We can program it to change the color pattern as the g-forces increase, when it goes into a steep turn or loop. Or maybe a speaker, and have the kite scream when diving?
- Aerial photography. There was a group at MakerFaire selling camera rigs for large single-line kites. Designing a rig of our own might be a fun shop project, too.
- Building our own kites. We can easily find patterns, and we have a sewing machine upstairs, near the electronics lab.
- Kite buggies - tricycles pulled by kites
Topics to cover
Basic kite maintenance
Places to fly
- Ocean Beach SF Ocean Beach, Stairwell #25
- Cesar Chavez Park, Berkeley (annual kite festival held here last week in July)
If you're interested, leave your name here: