Difference between revisions of "Laser Cutter/Kaitian CM1309"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 18:10, 6 January 2018
This page contains information about Noisebridge's Kaitian 100W laser. You might be looking for Full Spectrum Laser, our older laser cutter, or information about our gigabit laser uplink to the internet. We also have a Laser Manual for the Kaitian laser cutter.
Some friends of Noisebridge from China have donate a really nice brand new, fully supported, laser cutter to Noisebridge!
You need training to use this laser; see the Laser Manual for details.
In February of 2016 we were approached by Beijing Kaitian Tech. Co., Ltd, after Mitch gave them a tour of Noisebridge they offered us a new 100w laser cutter as a donation (with the stipulation of us taking care of shipping costs). As of July 1st 2016 (and after a crazy adventure involving a rental truck, a forklift, and a lot of Indian pizza), we now have the laser in house. Please check out our action items to see what needs to happen next.
Current Action Items
- Start the process of documentation through the Laser Manual
- Donations for laser time and expendables
- How to schedule time
- How to actually use the damn thing
- Set up access control (Henner)
- Fundraising for the remainder of the $4000 plus extra for expendables
- Get someone who knows enough about structural engineering to look at the place we want to use the laser cutter at Noisebridge, and let us know if the floor can handle the 1,000 pounds weight of the machine.
- Raise $4,000 for shipping, import tax, and warranty maintenance charge. This will get the laser to us, and give us full support from Kaitian.
- We've raised about $1500 so far
- Build a room for it, with some sound insulation and ventilation that can handle the fumes.
- The laser current lives in the Sparkle Forge.
- Come up with a plan for the room, and raise funds for buildout of the room.
- Review what else needs to happen to get the laser installed and the area in the Sparkle Forge it sits in happy
- Source some computer gear and a new monitor
- Some work to better figure out the laser software
- Laser: 100W
- Working area: 1300mm × 900mm × 210mm / 51.1811in × 35.4331in × 8.26772in
- Table size: 1360mm × 1080mm / 53.54331in × 42.51969in
- Function: Engraving/Cutting
- Workpiece maximum weight: 25kg / 55.1156lbs
- Cutting speed (cm/min): ≤4800
- Resolution ratio: 4000dpi
- KT-5200 Electronic chiller
- Dimensions: 72X44X62 cm (L X W X H) (28.34" x 17.32" x 24.40")
- Looks very similar to the CW5000 so that user manual may be helpful https://noisebridge.net/wiki/File:CW_5000-5200_UserManual.pdf
- 12 foot adjustable ventilation duct
- Reinstall (software) done on 1/6/2018 by Zach. USB driver seemed to install OK but RDWorks 8.01.28 would only get communication errors. Solution was to just copy old RDworksv8 folder from old C:/ to the new drive root. Older version tested and working.
Brochure for the Kaitian CM1309 laser cutter:
- File:Kaitian CM1309 Merged.pdf
- Manual Source Docs
- Manual Driver
- RDWorks Software Download
- Install Tutorial
Pledge here for raising $6,000 buildout for our new laser cutter!
($4K for shipping, import tax, and warranty maintenance charge; $2K for direct room buildout)
Donations to the laser cutter project can be made here (also shows status of donations; currently <$2,500)
Donations are tax deductible